Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

One of my all-time favorite cbb sim game is finally back up and running at DriveTheLane. Take control as the coach of your team, adjust lineups and usage rates, strategies, recruit against real players week in and week out, and compete for conference and national championships. I began playing this game for roughly 15 years ago, and after being down for 3-4ish years, is finally back up and running. Trying to drum up some interest and get the first league open filled up with active users. Feel free to shoot any questions you have my way!

1 minute ago, thebigweave said:

Absolutely agree. Sadly, don't see that happening any time soon. Still break out NCAA Football 14 on occasion.

Oh yeah gotta break the old games out now and then to reminisce. Sorry didn't mean to use your topic to vent that. So what exactly is this "Drivethelane"?

It's all good lol. 

It's an online college basketball sim.  Each league is made up of 256 teams, 32 conferences of 8 teams. The 8 teams in each conference are mostly regionally related cities coached by either another user or a computer coach until a user takes them over. Teams are made up of 12 players, 3 from each class, but can only have 10 active for each game. All players have randomly generated names and attributes. Recruiting takes place throughout the season, with a set amount of points to spend per week and only 13 scholarships to be offered for 3 spots. Schedule consists of 27 games: 3 exhibition games, 15 regular season games, 3 game conference tournament, then a 6 game postseason tournament. Games are played on MWF at 2pm Pacific, 1 game each day. Seasons last 9 weeks, then roll into the next season and it starts over again.

Like I said, if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask away. They also have a forum full of info and helpful, experienced members willing to help out. And, if you do join, there are 3 spots left in conference 12

I don't see any way to get into 12.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hmm, now that I think about it, it just gave team names and numbers at sign up. The three teams to choose from (city name) in c12 are New Orleans, Pensacola, and Tuscaloosa.

I just joined but before I read anything about joining your conference

If you want to switch teams, you could either email kmoney or send him a pm on the message board. He should be able to move you since the season hasn't started yet.

It's all good lol. 
It's an online college basketball sim.  Each league is made up of 256 teams, 32 conferences of 8 teams. The 8 teams in each conference are mostly regionally related cities coached by either another user or a computer coach until a user takes them over. Teams are made up of 12 players, 3 from each class, but can only have 10 active for each game. All players have randomly generated names and attributes. Recruiting takes place throughout the season, with a set amount of points to spend per week and only 13 scholarships to be offered for 3 spots. Schedule consists of 27 games: 3 exhibition games, 15 regular season games, 3 game conference tournament, then a 6 game postseason tournament. Games are played on MWF at 2pm Pacific, 1 game each day. Seasons last 9 weeks, then roll into the next season and it starts over again.

How does practicing work? Do you set a focus for the team/each player and each day it goes up? How do you see the progress so you can know when to shift focus?