Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) C James Wiseman

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Penny was his AAU coach so they are close. 

You are certainly correct, and the implication is reasonable. Penny has Memphis ties and his AAU team, and because of that it certainly seems like things are all straight with this recruitment. But then I remember that it's Memphis, I remember their history, and I instantly discredit any semblance of good and reasonable explanations they could land 5 star talent.

19 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You are certainly correct, and the implication is reasonable. Penny has Memphis ties and his AAU team, and because of that it certainly seems like things are all straight with this recruitment. But then I remember that it's Memphis, I remember their history, and I instantly discredit any semblance of good and reasonable explanations they could land 5 star talent.

But, but he might choose to play at puke because he's a true basketball kid.  If he does play at puke he'd be willing to turn down hundreds or thousands of dollars but would get to the NBA quicker..

What was the reason Memphis got rid of Tubby?

IMO? Wiseman = highest bidder.
The cool dynamic would be if he committed to UK early, they missed out on other top bigs because of it, and then he was able to go straight to the NBA from high school.

Dream scenario.
I hate Kentucky and really want them to suffer.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

On 5/11/2018 at 5:14 AM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Memphis has had Calipari, Pastner, and now Hardaway all recruiting top talent to a non-Power 5 conference. I have them on my short list of (likely) dirtiest programs in America.

Dana Kirk was the og or god father of their slimy coaches. He had some awesome talent including Keith Lee, Andre Turner and others I have forgotten. He got caught but built the foundation for those not to follow. You have to be really good at it to last at Memphis. For some reason I see Vanderbilt’s coach being a good fit.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:42 PM, hoosierbannerd said:

yeah, he was and I was caught up in it as well.. dark times brother

He was hyped so hard on the board, I assumed he was really good.  Iirc he was ranked highly, and recruited by other good programs.  Sometimes a lot of people miss on a recruit.