Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Sorry I Couldn't read the first 7 pages before offering my own example. Coach, I just don't see you coaching much past this year. We are recruiting at a high level and I don't want to see your talents waisted here while you could be contributing on another MAC level team. We only have one head coaching job and two commits lined up and we're still recruiting and potential means everything. I know you have patiently waited to get to the final four but others with more credentials are interested and may want the head job. We're not sure but they look promising. It's Indiana so even though you have given six years for your chance, we feel it would be better to move in another direction but we will help you coach somewhere else. No hard feelings coach, just the way it is in big time basketball right?

I see it. Were you around for the last coaching search? Firing Crean at the beginning of the season will be more than painful, it will mean another dark era and at the end we end up with what? Another coach willing to jump into a terrible situation aka Crean 2.0.

So your willing to put up with Crean and the mess that's going on with the program, because you're afraid of going through another coaching change? Hate to break it to you, but Crean is not bringing any championships to IU, and right now the program...HIS program is self destructing.

So your willing to put up with Crean and the mess that's going on with the program, because you're afraid of going through another coaching change? Hate to break it to you, but Crean is not bringing any championships to IU, and right now the program...HIS program is self destructing.

Who said anything about championships? Or even keeping Crean. I'm willing to put up with Crean until a new coach is hired. I don't know why you think that means "stick with Crean forever and hope he winds a championship." But if the choice is a string of interim coaches, no recruiting, loss of players, loss of recruits, all to go through months of a coaching search where we end up with some crap coach with a crap resume. And then we spend the next 6 years complaining about that coach and wishing we'd gotten a better one.

Been there, done that. Twice. I'd rather keep Crean in town until a new coach is hired. That way the players know who would be taking over and may actually consider staying, recruiting can start immediately, and we can get a coach of the caliber we deserve because we aren't asking them to take over a dumpster fire.

If you think the situation now even COMPARES to the program before he showed up then you have no idea what it was like before. 

If you think the situation now even COMPARES to the program before he showed up then you have no idea what it was like before.

I suffered through the Sampson debacle, and the NCAA infractions that handicapped our coaching search in which we hired Crean. Sure it's not that bad now, but it's piling up against Crean, and now we are no longer handicapped when we search for our next coach, that's why I don't dread it.

I suffered through the Sampson debacle, and the NCAA infractions that handicapped our coaching search in which we hired Crean. Sure it's not that bad now, but it's piling up against Crean, and now we are no longer handicapped when we search for our next coach, that's why I don't dread it.

Yeah but we need to have a concrete sure fire plan in place before we remove Crean. You need to be able to go to players, Crean needs to be able to go to the players, and tell them this man is taking over. You need to believe in him now cuz I do. Otherwise we lose everyone. And every chance at any recruit we might potentially land in the next few years.

Firing Crean tomorrow would mean essentially that we have no head coach until April and an interim until then. All 2015 recruits would be lost, likely all current players transferring and we'd have no face of the program to recruit 2016-17 guys.

It would seem to me that going down this road puts a lot of risk on the program versus giving Crean the year and lining up the right coach next April. A year long interim situation is really really tough to recover from.

Also anyone who thinks that Brad Stevens wants to come back and deal with college players is really out of touch.