Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

4 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Not sure I agree with that. I mean in all honesty who do we have? All our RBs will play it will be RB by committee. I don't think anyone can say we have one true starting RB. If I had to rank who will be top 3 or 4 it will be brookins, Majette, Gest, and Williams and maybe AROD as 3down back or natee. Those are in no particular order. We just don't have a tevin or Howard on this team. But I think hiller and heart will find a good rotation. Hillers line has produced some good ground game in the past at USF and cincy. And hart did things at Syracuse and at EMU and WMU with not the best of talent. He's a good developer of underrated guys

No doubt by committee no matter what.

But...take a look at the complete IU rushing totals from the Allen-coached Foster Farms Bowl (and it was a close game - not a 'throw it every down' affair). I'm not seeing a lot of Williams, Natee, Gest, or Magette in there:

IND - Rushing
Player Att. Gain Loss Net TD Lg. Avg.
Redding, Devine  17 81 9 72 1 15 4.2
Brookins, Ricky  12 60 7 53 0 20 4.4
Williams, Devonte  3 6 0 6 0 4 2.0
Diamont, Zander  1 3 0 3 0 3 3.0
Lagow, Richard  4 5 22 -17 0 5 -4.3
TOTALS 37 155 38 117 1 20 3.2

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But...take a look at the complete IU rushing totals from the Allen-coached Foster Farms Bowl (and it was a close game - not a 'throw it every down' affair). I'm not seeing a lot of Williams, Natee, Gest, or Magette in there:

IND - Rushing

Gest was out after the second game of the season. Tore up his ankle I believe. Missed rest of season due to that injury. But Majette was inconsistent last year I will say that. I say we will have 2-3 guys with over 300 yards.... One guy might flirt with 1000. I will also throw Morgan ellisons name in the mix as well. 

1 hour ago, BabyJandJDaddy said:

I'm not sure that is a good sign for our run game.  

Brookins is good. He's paid his dues and did well in the bowl game against a good Utah defense. I'm fine with him out there. It'll be by committee anyway.

Just because he's a walk on doesn't mean he's not a good player. Now obviously if you're constantly relying on walk ons, you're probably going to have some problems. But that's not the case, and he is a solid player.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

IND - Rushing

To be fair, we were hit hard by injuries at RB last year. That's why we only had two active for the spring game.

http://scout.com/college/indiana/Article/Coach-TV-Hagen-evaluates-pass-rush-candidates-105946414

dont know if coach heard is trying to light a fire or what.... But apparently he doesn't like our size lol. I mean nick and simmie are big and Donovan....so not sure who he is talking about....(jshun, timian, etc) so I guess be on the lookout for 6'3"-6'5" receivers coming in lol

The construction fence for the new wrestling and volleyball arena is going up today. It won't be that large in scope in terms of eliminating spots, just something to be aware of:

Morgan Ellison is getting first team reps at RB. Has impressed with his size (6'1" 225lbs) and speed burst combo and his field vision. Coaches didn't realize how fast he was and he has picked up strength since graduation. Today had some young mistakes but overall he will most likely play a ton as a freshman and Tom Allen thinks he will be another great RB once said and done

Glad to see he's already getting reps. I'm really excited about him and I think he may be the best back on the team. A lot of size and speed.

Morgan Ellison is getting first team reps at RB. Has impressed with his size (6'1" 225lbs) and speed burst combo and his field vision. Coaches didn't realize how fast he was and he has picked up strength since graduation. Today had some young mistakes but overall he will most likely play a ton as a freshman and Tom Allen thinks he will be another great RB once said and done

I think him and Gest will be a great RB combo for years to come. Cole has crazy burst but needs to learn to be patient and wait for holes to develop before taking off.

Sent from my Pixel using BtownBanners mobile app