Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hyzy

Devin Davis cited for marijuana possession

Your missing the point. When he gave Perea just a four game suspension ( two just stupid exhibition games) for his driving while drunk charge, it showed the kids the lack of seriousness he handles these types of issues. Im not saying dd should be gone, but this is what u get when u have a program with no real consequences for someone's actions. I smoke pot and I know it's not addictive. Dd did it by choice and disrespected coach. Coach Crean should be held accountable.

You missed the point of my post. I'm saying put yourself in Crean's shoes. How do you punish this kid who you just watched survive and fight through what could have been a life-threatening or career ending injury? In a world where emotions don't cloud our judgement, Davis is gone. But I can't imagine how upset Crean probably is over this, and how much he'll struggle with handling this situation.

You guys should step out of the IU bubble. This incident is not even registering with national media outside of the initial report being published. The impact it has on reputation of IU is so minimal.

It has nothing to do with "national attention". It has everything to do with a program whose problems are piling higher and higher.

It has nothing to do with "national attention". It has everything to do with a program whose problems are piling higher and higher.

I was remarking on the posters who are saying this looks bad for recruiting and that it shows that the institution has lost control. Incidents like this barely register with NCAA

I was remarking on the posters who are saying this looks bad for recruiting and that it shows that the institution has lost control. Incidents like this barely register with NCAA

If you omit ESPN, CNN, CBS sports, SI, I suppose you are correct about no national exposure. Just sayin!

If you omit ESPN, CNN, CBS sports, SI, I suppose you are correct about no national exposure. Just sayin!

Did you read my original post? Have any of them written anything more than the initial reporting on the incident? It's such a non story it's unbelievable the hysteria it's causing with some of you.

You guys should step out of the IU bubble. This incident is not even registering with national media outside of the initial report being published. The impact it has on reputation of IU is so minimal.

Morgan Freeman is that you??

I just did a google search, those networks were page 1. I did not continue reading.

A Google search for what? indiana basketball player marijuana? If their reports didn't come up then google needs some serious adjustment.

Are those all National?

You're obscuring my point so go ahead and re-read what I wrote. Have any of them written follow up reports? Have any said this is a big deal?

What else would you expect to come up when you search his name?

You missed the point of my post. I'm saying put yourself in Crean's shoes. How do you punish this kid who you just watched survive and fight through what could have been a life-threatening or career ending injury? In a world where emotions don't cloud our judgement, Davis is gone. But I can't imagine how upset Crean probably is over this, and how much he'll struggle with handling this situation.

A life-threatening or career-ending injury that was, let's say, "more probable or not" a result of two people on this team messing around and illegally using substances they weren't supposed to be using. DD is already pretty much a guy who should be talking at high school convocations about the dangers of underage drinking...and HMP was just lucky he got pulled over before getting in a situation where he'd end up as a presenter at "Scared Straight - The IU Basketball Edition." Are these guys trying to bring back "After School Specials" or what?!? I guess we have Exhibits A and B for "This is your brain on drugs..." because the decision-making here is pretty questionable. These are repeat offenders - not just based on rumors or secret-IU-drug-tests, but by actual incidents where the POLICE had to get involved.

I don't really care about it from the perspective of reputation or portrayal of the university. The fact is, IU isn't turning out kids who are good representatives for the university. It makes the program harder to like and root for when you don't win big and the kids aren't very classy people

I don't really care about it from the perspective of reputation or portrayal of the university. The fact is, IU isn't turning out kids who are good representatives for the university. It makes the program harder to like and root for when you don't win big and the kids aren't very classy people

I totally agree. This needs to change now! One thing I always said about Creen was he gets high quality kids not just high quality players but we have had way too many incidence lately. The way things are stacking up we might as well start recruiting Tark type players.

When you're a leader of young (wo)men you have to take emotion out of it. I'm not sure the current "leader" is capable of that. Obviously the super secret punishments haven't been working properly or we would have multiple repeat offenders. Who that has been in trouble hasn't been a repeat offender... (Holt) and he received a solid 4 game suspension for his first offense.

Having read that article for the first time, it really makes the University look bad, as if there's no institutional control in Bloomington.

There's no getting around it, there's no defending it, and there's no amount of spinning that will make it look sunnier.Taking the steps they did does nothing to change the fact that it did happen, or that once again, we have to put out a fire at IU and put a steak over a black eye of our own creating. 

Nor, as someone else astutely pointed out, can it enhance our chances with the parents of high level recruits who may be contemplating IU as a landing spot for their son. Luke Fisher looks smarter by the day.

I wonder how many other "incidents" it'll take before something has to give, further up the food chain?

This is my question as well. How many more of these type incidents til you clean house? 1more? 2 more? 5more?