Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I’d say after losing 12 of 13, you should drop not just out of the Top 100, but well out. And those losses included Nebraska, NW and Rutgers. That was a pathetic joke of the NET and showed just how biased it can be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Again no metric dropped them out of the top 100. Are they all biased?

Again no metric dropped them out of the top 100. Are they all biased?

A system created by the NCAA, is one I’ll never trust when they won’t even release the algorithm. It’s just stupid to have set it as the #1 metric and always will be. No reason to not use NET, RPI, BPI, Sagarin, Kenpom and whatever other rating system all together and then use the eye test(which will always end up being best).

A system created by the NCAA, is one I’ll never trust when they won’t even release the algorithm. It’s just stupid to have set it as the #1 metric and always will be. No reason to not use NET, RPI, BPI, Sagarin, Kenpom and whatever other rating system all together and then use the eye test(which will always end up being best).

Everyone of the metrics you just mentioned is metrics the committee uses and none of them had IU drop out of their Top 100 last year.

Everyone of the metrics you just mentioned is metrics the committee uses and none of them had IU drop out of their Top 100 last year.

Yes but the eye test is not biased...

Never said they weren’t perfect. They have some screwball thrown in every year that doesn’t make any sense.

Never said they weren’t perfect. They have some screwball thrown in every year that doesn’t make any sense.

So it was a pathetic joke for all of the metrics not just the NET that none of them dropped IU out of the top 100 at all last year after losing 12 of 13

Yes but the eye test is not biased...

Haha joe talks about how the metrics used are biased and can’t be trusted.

But then says the eye test is the best metric. That’s a classic even for his standards

But then says the eye test is the best metric. That’s a classic even for his standards

I said the NET was biased. Because it is towards P5 schools.

Then tries arguing his stance further .

I said the NET was biased. Because it is towards P5 schools.

68 teams make the NCAA tournament so I’ll use that as a measurement.

As of today the Net has 47 teams in its top 68 that are in the power 6 conference (includes Big East).

Kenpom has 54 of 68.

This does not include teams like Gonzaga, Wichita State, Memphis, Houston, and Cincinnati.

Also doesn’t include San Diego State who is NUMBER 3 in the NET at the moment.

And San Diego State is 32 on Kenpom.

Just some food for thought.

19 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Purdue as a 7?

Better than where Pom currently has Purdue (as #10 overall).  Pom carries preseason rankings too far into the regular season.

Basically Purdue has played 5 quality opponents -- Marquette, Texas, VCU, Florida State, and Virginia.  Won two of them, lost three.  But also threw in a fourth loss to Nebraska.  I think the 7 seed is more a projection of where he sees them being at the end of the year than where they are now.....although ridiculously enough, they are still receiving votes in the top 25.

Better than where Pom currently has Purdue (as #10 overall).  Pom carries preseason rankings too far into the regular season.
Basically Purdue has played 5 quality opponents -- Marquette, Texas, VCU, Florida State, and Virginia.  Won two of them, lost three.  But also threw in a fourth loss to Nebraska.  I think the 7 seed is more a projection of where he sees them being at the end of the year than where they are now.....although ridiculously enough, they are still receiving votes in the top 25.

A loss is a loss. No positives about it.