Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

You have one of the better offensive players in the league. Might as well play to his strengths. I don't like it but they tied their ship to Harden. Might as well sail it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Harden is best suited in a 6th man role. He should never be your best player. If he can't sustain the energy to play any defense... no reason to be on the court.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Houston will be interesting to watch. I'm never a big fan of a coach that solely focuses on just one end of the court, but get what Wayne is saying in that if you're hitching your wagon to Harden (who I would never want on my team) you might as well focus on his strengths.

Im also intrigued by this from Daryl Morey's perspective. He was at the forefront of the analytics movement in basketball. He was putting analytics systems in place for the Celtics back in the early 2000's, and I know he never cared for Jim O'Brien because all O'Brien cared about was defense, and ignored the offensive analytics that we're being produced. I'm just surprised Morey went with a coach in the complete opposite direction. 

It basically Houston giving up on that side of the ball. Morey is one of the worst in the NBA now. He relies on analytics but has zero feel to the game. He had Dwight Howard. Who is a bigger force in a game than Harden can be. Instead Morey wanted Dwight to just stand there and watch the offense(Harden dribbling). The Rockets are a joke. Harden seems to have a Latrell Spreewell mentality. Most overrated player in the league.

Harden is best suited in a 6th man role. He should never be your best player. If he can't sustain the energy to play any defense... no reason to be on the court.

He finished second in media MVP voting and won the players' MVP last year.

And? What did he do this year? Other than win the Shaqtin a fool award. He isn't an elite player in the league. Great scorer. But makes JBJ look like Kawhi Leonard on defense.

Might as well not man. You are talking to a brick wall. A few of us had this same exact discussion with him a couple of weeks ago. He has a few go to arguments where he knows he will get responses. This is one of them.

Might as well not man. You are talking to a brick wall. A few of us had this same exact discussion with him a couple of weeks ago. He has a few go to arguments where he knows he will get responses. This is one of them.

Thanks for the heads up!

I can write an article about it. But I'd have to find the time.

Of the top-34 players in ESPN's Real Plus-Minus metric for 2015-16, Harden - who had started to turn a defensive corner in 2014-15 - was the only one to post a negative Defensive RPM.

By the way.. Harden was "snubbed" from being on any of the All-NBA teams.