Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Round 2 Game Thread - IU vs. Arkansas | 3/23 (Sat.) @Noon (ET) on ESPN

Smith isn't a ball handler.  You can't give a non-ball handler the ball 30 feet from the rim as he's running full speed toward a defense that has 3-4 guys down there.   

Smith can handle the ball well enough that he should be able to catch it in transition. If that was Davis it would be one thing, but Smith shouldn't be on the floor if he can't be counted on to make that play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Smith can handle the ball well enough that he should be able to catch it in transition. If that was Davis it would be one thing, but Smith shouldn't be on the floor if he can't be counted on to make that play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it wasn't like he caught it and traveled.  He freaking ran into a guy who set up camp.

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I assume you meant .7 and not .07.  The rule on tips I believe is that you can't shoot with under .3.  I do think it is possible to catch and shoot it with .7.....however, it is very likely that you are going to get more than .7 seconds to do it because of the lag in starting the clock.

Yes. I did mean .7 seconds. And you can catch in shoot if you're in the act. If you're in motion, catch the ball where you would release it and let it fly, it can be done. But you cannot be flat-footed, catch the ball and take a jump shot in .6 seconds. 

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

He does.  He does good and bad things.

That said, I'm not sure why we are so hard on him while let RP's play go.

Whole team awful today.  Phinisee included.  Green has done it for 3 years and hasn't fixed any part of it.   Hero plays, horrible decisions,  bad shots, turnovers....Yeah, whole team is awful right now.  Absolutely.   Even Morgan is terrible.  Green just does it more often than not and it doesn't seem as if he learns.  And just there...a very lazy failure to block out a FT shooter.  That was on him.

Sometimes, it seems instead of our guys thinking: "I'm gonna go to the hoop, make a confident, strong move and get two points" ... They subconsciously think: "I'm gonna fly to the hoop out of control, fling it up there and pray it goes in."