Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Game of thrones

Okay what the heck was all of that. I knew Baelish was going to get killed but I had no idea that Bran was going to drop that bombshell and tell us that Jon is her nephew. 

Then during your binge watching you missed the clues that they have been dropping for a couple seasons that Jon is a targaryen. Last year in the flashback when Lyanna gave birth to Jon was all u needed to know in figuring out Jon's parents. During Roberts Rebellion Rheagar sent the best swordsman in the world to protect he tower of Joy while a war was going on. The only question that was left was did he kidnap and force her or was it love and this season you found out that they were in love which means Jon is legitimized Targayen and has more claim to the Iron throne then dany. Targaryens are used to marrying their own brothers and sisters so an aunt should be no big deal. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah there's no way George R. R. Martin isn't thirsty for his sister or something.  Pervasive incest.

Arya will probably take Baelish's face and use it later, which will be fun.  

Theon taking a knee to the crotch was a little goofy.  Like the big Iron Born dude couldn't just go back to punching him in the face.  

Yeah there's no way George R. R. Martin isn't thirsty for his sister or something.  Pervasive incest.

Arya will probably take Baelish's face and use it later, which will be fun.  

Theon taking a knee to the crotch was a little goofy.  Like the big Iron Born dude couldn't just go back to punching him in the face.  

Theon has been a useless character for a couple seasons now. His scene when Jon was mostly for Jon for when he finds out Ned isn't his father he will remember him as his father. No chance Jon wants any claim to the Iron throne when he finds out he is next in line.

Anyone else feel like the writing has dropped off a cliff? Episode 6 was really sloppy, and then, the wall falling in episode 7 just seemed like a throw in.  I mean, that's what GoT has been amping up to for 7 seasons, and all we get is 90 seconds of an ice dragon "burning" down the wall....

I mean, basically, the writing says, "hey, if they'd just stayed behind the wall everything would be fine.  No ice dragon, then wall doesn't fall."   Really, it just seems like the writers forced storylines to reach "dragon takes down wall."  

I'm curious to see what direction Martin goes with the books.  

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Then during your binge watching you missed the clues that they have been dropping for a couple seasons that Jon is a targaryen. Last year in the flashback when Lyanna gave birth to Jon was all u needed to know in figuring out Jon's parents. During Roberts Rebellion Rheagar sent the best swordsman in the world to protect he tower of Joy while a war was going on. The only question that was left was did he kidnap and force her or was it love and this season you found out that they were in love which means Jon is legitimized Targayen and has more claim to the Iron throne then dany. Targaryens are used to marrying their own brothers and sisters so an aunt should be no big deal. Lol.

Yeah but it all just seems creepy. 

35 minutes ago, Defenserocks28 said:

Anyone else feel like the writing has dropped off a cliff? Episode 6 was really sloppy, and then, the wall falling in episode 7 just seemed like a throw in.  I mean, that's what GoT has been amping up to for 7 seasons, and all we get is 90 seconds of an ice dragon "burning" down the wall....

I mean, basically, the writing says, "hey, if they'd just stayed behind the wall everything would be fine.  No ice dragon, then wall doesn't fall."   Really, it just seems like the writers forced storylines to reach "dragon takes down wall."  

I'm curious to see what direction Martin goes with the books.  

I agree with you about the deterioration in the writing, but I think that was pretty well inevitable. Once they ran through Martin's source material, which he had spent years on and was obviously awesome, maintaining the same quality was gonna be a thing. Combine that with the short season and the need to narrow all of the threads and I think this season was destined to be shaky. And I still loved every minute of it. 

Btw: am I the only one who thinks that the Night King ending up on the Iron Throne would be kind of awesome?