Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Chuck Marlowe has passed away at 86

Chuck Marlowe passed away this morning.

For those who don't know who he is, he was the play-by-play announcer for channel 4. You can hear his voice on any classic game you watch. He later hosted the Bob Knight Show.

He always did the radio call for the Indy 500, but that's not Indiana basketball so...

Here his video from when he was inducted into the Broadcasters HOF or whatever they call it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EulbNCuGPjA

Article on his death:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/fox59/2016/02/11/chuck-marlowe-iu-basketball-announcer-dies-bob-knight-show/80223122/

Always a classy guy.  He was a good straight man to The General after honing his skills as a professional wrestling commentator interviewing the likes of Dick the Bruiser and the World's Most Scientific Wrestler Wilbur Snyder.  :laugh:

Always a classy guy.  He was a good straight man to The General after honing his skills as a professional wrestling commentator interviewing the likes of Purdue Person the Bruiser and the World's Most Scientific Wrestler Wilbur Snyder.  :laugh:

Man, I am getting old!  I don't remember typing it in those exact words!!  :D   Kudos and a tip of the hat to whoever made the change and I'm jealous as hell that I didn't think of it first.

The BTN is great, but nothing will ever beat Chuck and Laz on the call. Never.

A number of years ago, one of the Bloomington radio stations did a spoof of Chuck and Laz.

It was Buck Marlowe in the 21st Century, with his Loyal Sidekick Laz.

Buck and Laz were interplanetary astronauts, travelling the galaxy.

They thought they were on the proper course, headed for home. However, after he got them "a million miles off course" poor Buck was demoted from interstellar astronaut to helicopter traffic reporter.

It was great!