Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Will_Padgman

Let's see who all is brave enough to post

I don't even care what you post, but here's the rule: you are only allowed to post once on this thread. I want to see if we can get newcomers to come out of their shells and start posting on all topics. The more the merrier! So post what you like, dislike, want to see, never want to see again, whatever. JUST POST!! :)

Six degrees of separation: Hoosier style

Net effect of the six separations: A friendly foe of the Hoosiers, a Tar Heel, becomes a Hoosier for a day 

1.  First degree of separation:  My name is Clark Baumberger, and I'm a recent graduate of IU (December 2012).  I interact regularly with my roommate Karissa Clodfelder, who is a senior here at IU and a huge Hoosier basketball fan. This is us (click).

2.  Second degree of separation:  This past summer, Karissa met her crush from the IU basketball team during a night out on the town: the one, the only, "Tomahawk" Tom Pritchard. (Karissa and Tom, Kar's very very happy, no judging)

3.  Third degree of separation:  Known for his persistent fouling and his periodic phenomenal play (see highlight below), he was a frequent conversationalist with Tom Crean. (Tomahawk nickname highlight)

4.  Fourth degree of separation:  This past October during Hoosier Hysteria, Tom Crean met the beloved Sage Steele, an IU alumni that succeeded through the journalism program. 

5.  Fifth degree of separation:  Sage won a bet back in November (on the 27th cough, cough) that required her to contact Shana Daniels regarding a pair of candy-stripe pants.  Shana is the "Social Media Coordinator & Asst. Media Relations Director at Indiana University", as seen in her twitter bio (@IUShanaDan). SPOILER WARNING FOR FINAL DEGREE OF SEPARATION

6.  Sixth degree of separation:  Shana recently delivered upon Sage's request to send a pair of candy-stripe pants to none other than Sage's co-anchor on ESPN's SportsCenter, Stuart Scott! Stu, who is a University of North Carolina alumni, is required to wear the candy-stripes to dinner with Sage due to the Hoosiers utter dominance of Tar Heels on November 27th! He's a man of his word

Thus I have connected myself with the personal embarrassment that Stuart Scott will have to go through through six simple steps!

new to the board, top 5 games I've been to.....

5. 1/26/02 - vs Illinois

4. 11/30/05 - vs Duke

3. 3/20/02 - vs Oklahoma (final 4)

2. 3/1/02 - vs Maryland (champ. game)

1. 12/12/11 - v UK  

Solid list of games. 2002 Maryland doesn't make my list. I couldn't have been more pissed off by the end of that one. Our worst game of the season... We should be going for Banner 7 now! Although I wonder if Mike Davis is still our coach lol.

I am a 2012 IU grad who moved to NYC for medical school. Found an amazing IU Alumni bar here in Manhattan (Traffic Bar on 52nd and 2nd) that shows all IU games and has drink/food specials on gameday. Seriously the best thing I have found since moving to the city last June. That's where I will be tonight! Hoo Hoo Hoo - Hoosiers!

I am as big a Notre Dame fan as I am of Indiana in every sport. If they play each other I always root for the team with the best record. This is because my dad attended went to IU for undergrad work in the Kelley school of business and earned his master's at ND through Mendoza (both top business schools in the nation). My mother went to ND for undergrad and IU for grad work. As you can tell I have the best of both worlds!!!

Cheer cheer for old notre dame

and indiana we're all for you!

Win or lose, it's always good to be a Hoosier!  I grew up with a mother that knew as much about college basketball as any woman you will know (Brian Evans even told her so himself!) Many of my friends can attest to hearing her yell at the TV from my room.  I swore I was going to marry Damon Bailey and that Bob Knight was holy grail.  She took us to any where and every where he or a team member would be in northern Indiana.  I missed some years of following the team due to being in school out in Washington state but let me tell you it's great to be back!   

This seems like an appropriate forum to make my first post on!  Look for @OnlyAtIU to be posting in forums about all different topics throughout the year coming up.  Hope you all check out @OnlyAtIU on Twitter and I look forward to all the great forums this coming year.  Go Hoosiers!

Sign in to follow this