Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

What really hurt us was not having a plan ready for when he was gone.

That's on Myles Brand and the whole administration of the university at that time because Brand had RMK in his sights and was just waiting for the opportunity to enforce his infamous 'zero tolerance policy'.  He knew Knight would never be able to adhere to such a stupid thing and it was only a matter of time before Brand could play Little Big Man.   The university had many much more solid reasons to give Knight the ax earlier in time but ended up using one of the lamest reasons in the world.  I think in his last several years Bobby had grown tired of IU and university administration with Brand in particular had grown tired of Bobby but his ultimate dismissal was just incredibly absurd.  And then to think that Brand went on to head up the NCAA.    

That's on Myles Brand and the whole administration of the university at that time because Brand had RMK in his sights and was just waiting for the opportunity to enforce his infamous 'zero tolerance policy'. He knew Knight would never be able to adhere to such a stupid thing and it was only a matter of time before Brand could play Little Big Man. The university had many much more solid reasons to give Knight the ax earlier in time but ended up using one of the lamest reasons in the world. I think in his last several years Bobby had grown tired of IU and university administration with Brand in particular had grown tired of Bobby but his ultimate dismissal was just incredibly absurd. And then to think that Brand went on to head up the NCAA.

Good post Old Fart! I completely agree.

That's on Myles Brand and the whole administration of the university at that time because Brand had RMK in his sights and was just waiting for the opportunity to enforce his infamous 'zero tolerance policy'. He knew Knight would never be able to adhere to such a stupid thing and it was only a matter of time before Brand could play Little Big Man. The university had many much more solid reasons to give Knight the ax earlier in time but ended up using one of the lamest reasons in the world. I think in his last several years Bobby had grown tired of IU and university administration with Brand in particular had grown tired of Bobby but his ultimate dismissal was just incredibly absurd. And then to think that Brand went on to head up the NCAA.

Knight also couldn't keep up in recruiting. Things were changing too fast for him to keep up IMO.

BS you saw what Davis did with his recruites.

That was right at the last bit. And we were lucky to have a big time player in Jared Jeffries. Doesn't mean his recruiting really fell off.

Knight also couldn't keep up in recruiting. Things were changing too fast for him to keep up IMO.

I don't think that coach knight couldn't keep up, he just wasn't putting the time in.

I don't think that coach knight couldn't keep up, he just wasn't putting the time in.

Well putting in time and keeping up go hand in hand really. Plus Davis was there for 2 years when they made the FF run. Those were pretty much Davis' players.

That was right at the last bit. And we were lucky to have a big time player in Jared Jeffries. Doesn't mean his recruiting really fell off.

And if Kirk Haston had stuck around....

And if Kirk Haston had stuck around....

maybe. I don't remember too much from before the FF season cause I was 8 and in 2nd grade during the FF season. But I'm sure he would have helped. But sometimes things don't work out. Heck we had a verbal commit from Josh Smith... maybe Dwight Howard(best friends and reason JSmoove went to Houston this year) would have signed on for a year too. That would have been the... 04-05 season.

Well putting in time and keeping up go hand in hand really. Plus Davis was there for 2 years when they made the FF run. Those were pretty much Davis' players.

Uh no! They were Knight players! Knight wrote In his book that he had put together a team that he thought could compete for a NCAA title.

Uh no! They were Knight players! Knight wrote In his book that he had put together a team that he thought could compete for a NCAA title.

Well he recruited them but did he ever even coach Jeffries? He would have had Coverdale, Hornsby and Fife, and I know I'm forgetting some, for a year or 2. But Jeffries and Leach and I think Moyr were never there under Knight. Yes Knight recruited them but didn't coach a few.

Well he recruited them but did he ever even coach Jeffries? He would have had Coverdale, Hornsby and Fife, and I know I'm forgetting some, for a year or 2. But Jeffries and Leach and I think Moyr were never there under Knight. Yes Knight recruited them but didn't coach a few.

So they were Knight players. How did Davis do with Davis players? Bracey wright anyone?

What really hurt us was not having a plan ready for when he was gone.

I really am shocked this comment hasn't gotten more likes...

it's painfully true.

AND

blatantly obvious that basketball was intended to take a back burner priority after the fact...

I really am shocked this comment hasn't gotten more likes...
it's painfully true.
AND
blatantly obvious that basketball was intended to take a back burner priority after the fact...

I think it was a shock to everyone but Brand. No one ever thought of a different coach at IU.

I think it was a shock to everyone but Brand. No one ever thought of a different coach at IU.

So Brand's legacy at IU is that he sunk IU basketball?

and everyone else is caught off gaurd?

no offense...

but I don't subscribe to that theory...

people saw this coming...hell...I saw it coming...

here we are 15 years later...and still looking up to programs that have overcome far worse than anything IU has ever done...

just gonna continue on with my own personal rant for a sec...

by the way...

Glass didn't hire Crean...Greenspan did..

the IU sports machine under Glass is thriving...and I say that to say this...

I would love to be a micro-organism in Glass' mind and get him to say who he would have hand picked to lead the basketball team...

back in 2008 or so...

I'm guessing history would be rewritten at this point...

So Brand's legacy at IU is that he sunk IU basketball?
and everyone else is caught off gaurd?

no offense...
but I don't subscribe to that theory...

people saw this coming...hell...I saw it coming...

here we are 15 years later...and still looking up to programs that have overcome far worse than anything IU has ever done...

Yeah, no offense but Brands legacy is the sinking of IU basketball. How else can you look at it?? What is the state of the program since?? The Davis FF is the result of Knight players. Brand didn't give a crap about IU basketball. Brand only cared about his advancement.

Yeah, no offense but Brands legacy is the sinking of IU basketball. How else can you look at it?? What is the state of the program since?? The Davis FF is the result of Knight players. Brand didn't give a crap about IU basketball. Brand only cared about his advancement.

no offense taken...

being that we agree on that point.

I'm saying that nobody else was standing up and speaking out against him...

just gonna continue on with my own personal rant for a sec...

by the way...
Glass didn't hire Crean...Greenspan did..

the IU sports machine under Glass is thriving...and I say that to say this...
I would love to be a micro-organism in Glass' mind and get him to say who he would have hand picked to lead the basketball team...
back in 2008 or so...

I'm guessing history would be rewritten at this point...

I like Glass. He has done a tremendous job! I feel like Glass is a fan just like us and wants the best just like us!