Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I think they are going to hold onto guys too long.

Perhaps, but it is kinda hard to throw up the white flag when you are 4 games under .500 and the calander still says June.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I am curious as to what the Reds are going to do with Kemp.  

I believe their options are limited. Because of his contract I'm not sure there's a very big market for him. I'd love to see them swing a deal for Kluber. 

28 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I believe their options are limited. Because of his contract I'm not sure there's a very big market for him. I'd love to see them swing a deal for Kluber. 

With Kemp involved?

As a Cards fan and a big time follower of NL Central, The Reds have made some major moves this offseason and I'm impressed. They've had more activity than any other club out there. Still wonder if they have a legit top of the rotation guy. Castillo has the potential to be that guy. The rest are all middle of the rotation guys imo and two will need bounce back years in Roark and Gray. The bats will be there. 

On 1/26/2019 at 6:42 PM, jonz44 said:

I'm sure Senzel is untouchable as a prospect but they would likely need to part with Trammell, OF (#16 prospect), Hunter Greene, RHP #31 (prospect) or Jonathan India, 3B (#53) for Kluber to even be an option. 

2 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

As a Cards fan and a big time follower of NL Central, The Reds have made some major moves this offseason and I'm impressed. They've had more activity than any other club out there. Still wonder if they have a legit top of the rotation guy. Castillo has the potential to be that guy. The rest are all middle of the rotation guys imo and two will need bounce back years in Roark and Gray. The bats will be there. 

The Reds just need the newly acquired SPs to perform to their career stats.  For a long time, the Reds' problem has been SP.  Their young guys just haven't developed(story of the organization pitching wise).  Castillo is the guy.......but that 5th starter is the thing right now.  

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I'm sure Senzel is untouchable as a prospect but they would likely need to part with Trammell, OF (#16 prospect), Hunter Greene, RHP #31 (prospect) or Jonathan India, 3B (#53) for Kluber to even be an option. 

The obvious one is India.  He is blocked at 3B.  From what I am reading Tyler Stephenson is another piece the Tribe wants. 

7 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I think I'd be ok with parting with any one (plus other parts) of them for Kluber. It would be the additional parts that would make me queasy. 

20 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I think I'd be ok with parting with any one (plus other parts) of them for Kluber. It would be the additional parts that would make me queasy. 

I believe they are operating with the procedure that the the first 3 are untouchable. Probably a good thing since most of the moves we've made are on 1 year deals

3 hours ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I believe they are operating with the procedure that the the first 3 are untouchable. Probably a good thing since most of the moves we've made are on 1 year deals

I would say 5 are untouchable.....but I ain't Dick Williams.