Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

UK Vs UCLA

Calipari nearly lost his job after 'the Shot'. KU Fans wanted an undefeated season. They'll get it this year, but the championship was not enough for UK faithful. Taking a commitment with UCLA is a slap in the face to IU, but what else would we suspect from Calipari?
[attachment=1405:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1417310590.259738.jpg]

Proof that a fully engaged and energized Assembly Hall is intimidating----at least for UK.

Poor UK is still butt-hurt over that loss--and now they are just trying to kick sand in IU's eyes---and it's working!

I would love to be the team that upsets them in the NCAA tourney with a historical 3 point barrage the likes of which have never been seen before in the history of the tourney.

I detest Calipari----and UK---- and all that they stand for!

Maybe our coach and theirs can get over themselves and realize the UK and IU rivalry game is eons larger than them being 12 year olds about the situation. I know Calipari was the ultimate punk but Crean should should still be asking to get the series rolling again. I could care less if they whipped us this year. I know how Crean plays with the underdog role so I'm willing to bet we wouldn't go out like punks also.

Agree bleedhoosier---a much as I detest them---I do want to play them--and beat them.

I hope IU gets to the point that we agree to at least play them in Indy and Louisville---it would help our recruiting and the rivalry needs to be reborn.  College basketball loses without the series.

I want to play UK and UL every year.

I thought Cal's complaint was he wanted neutral sites but he's willing to do home & home with UCLA...

You are right.  It doesn't make sense---it's UK pouting and pouring salt in our wounds over the loss of the series.

Their position is illogical---it's all about The Loss in The Hall---but I admit I miss playing them annually.

Maybe our coach and theirs can get over themselves and realize the UK and IU rivalry game is eons larger than them being 12 year olds about the situation. I know Calipari was the ultimate punk but Crean should should still be asking to get the series rolling again. I could care less if they whipped us this year. I know how Crean plays with the underdog role so I'm willing to bet we wouldn't go out like punks also.

Well, we paid EW to beat us in Assembly Hall so we could try that.

And before anyone wants to jump over that comment, it's meant as a joke.  We offered them a fair compromise and they declined.  It's on them, Cal can buzz off.

Well, we paid EW to beat us in Assembly Hall so we could try that.

And before anyone wants to jump over that comment, it's meant as a joke. We offered them a fair compromise and they declined. It's on them, Cal can buzz off.

Didn't Glass offer to pay UK 50k to play again?? Seems like that was in that letter he wrote about how displeased he was over the situation.

Lol that made me a huge Glass fan at the time. Totally put Calipari on front street.

Didn't Glass offer to pay UK 50k to play again?? Seems like that was in that letter he wrote about how displeased he was over the situation.

Lol that made me a huge Glass fan at the time. Totally put Calipari on front street.

Now what do you expect Cal to do with 50k?  That's like one walk-on for them, or the guy that takes the tests for their mercenaries, or the bozo that lost Bledsoe's transcripts.

50k doesn't go very far for them.

Now what do you expect Cal to do with 50k? That's like one walk-on for them, or the guy that takes the tests for their mercenaries, or the bozo that lost Bledsoe's transcripts.

Don't ask me about it. Glass apparently doesn't play with house money.. lol

Now what do you expect Cal to do with 50k?  That's like one walk-on for them, or the guy that takes the tests for their mercenaries, or the bozo that lost Bledsoe's transcripts.

We laugh--but I think you are right JSHoosier!

Chump change for them!

Agree bleedhoosier---a much as I detest them---I do want to play them--and beat them.

I hope IU gets to the point that we agree to at least play them in Indy and Louisville---it would help our recruiting and the rivalry needs to be reborn. College basketball loses without the series.

I want to play UK and UL every year.

I think it would help UK a lot more than if would help us. Indiana HS talent > Kentucky HS talent by a long shot. I think this had a lot to do with why Cal really wanted to go to Neutrals.. /shrug

Also, if I'm not mistaken I thought this UCLA home and home was to replace their UNC home and home series for the next few years, and then they re-add UNC and replace UCLA (hopefully Cal and Crean get the UK/IU series back on)

Also, if I'm not mistaken I thought this UCLA home and home was to replace their UNC home and home series for the next few years, and then they re-add UNC and replace UCLA (hopefully Cal and Crean get the UK/IU series back on)

That's correct. It looks like Cal was forced into a new home and home because UNC asked to take a two year break after this year, so Cal was left scrambling to fill the void. UCLA is only on their schedule for two years.

UK and UNC are playing in the same tournament for the next two years, and they didn't want to have to play twice in the same season. As soon as their involvement in the tournament is over, UK and UNC will resume as always. UNC has already sent UK the contract to renew the series following the two year break.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/uk-beat/2014/11/28/calipari-uk-unc-home-and-home-returns-in-2017/19618493/

I thought Cal's complaint was he wanted neutral sites but he's willing to do home & home with UCLA...

That might be because Ky could put as many of their fans in Pauley as UCLA can and it would be a lot like a neutral.

That would never happen here.

I agree its probably a little wave to IU also.