Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Virginia 70, Tech 46 with 8 minutes to go. 
I saw someone write the other day that Bennett was the most overrated coach in the country. 
Um, no. 

I don’t think he is overrated. I think he is one of the best in college basketball. However I can see why others will say he is overrated until he proves it in March. Personally I think this is the year he makes it to the final 4

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Kyle Guy is so amazing to watch. He knows how to get himself open and when he does, he doesn't miss. If his defender leaves him for just a second, he will strike. Such a smart player.

Still just kills me we let him get away. He's EXACTLY what we need now. 

His grandparents are IU season-ticket holders. If we'd had a coach who behaved normally at the time, we'd probably have something resembling a shooter on our roster right now.

Virginia Tech gets a run-out after a U.Va. miss. Jack Salt, a 6-10 center, sprints down court and prevents the layup. He is called for a foul, but man, he busted his a$$ to get back. And his team is up by 24 points. ... Flashback to last night: Justin Smith throws a pass along our baseline to a Nebraska player. Smith stares for a couple seconds, then jogs back down court. Meanwhile, Nebraska missed a dunk or layup (can't remember which) on its break but because nobody from IU is there, easily gathers the rebound and gets two points. ... Sorry to be gushing so much over U.Va., but this is what you want a college team to be. It plays with hustle and heart and smarts -- things we were totally lacking last night. I'm even more embarrassed now than I was 24 hours ago. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Virginia Tech gets a run-out after a U.Va. miss. Jack Salt, a 6-10 center, sprints down court and prevents the layup. He is called for a foul, but man he busted his a$$ to get back. And his team is up by 24 points. ... Flashback to last night: Justin Smith throws a pass along the baseline to a Nebraska player. Smith stares for a couple seconds, then jogs back down court. Meanwhile, Nebraska missed a dunk or layup (can't remember which) but because nobody from IU is there, easily gathers the rebound and gets two points. ... Sorry to be gushing so much over U.Va., but this team is what you want a college team to be. It plays with hustle and heart and smarts -- things we were totally lacking last night. I'm even more embarrassed now than I was 24 hours ago. 

UVA is one of my favorite programs to watch over the last few years. I thoroughly enjoy their brand of basketball. Kyle Guy would have been an Alford-level legend here. 

Virginia Tech gets a run-out after a U.Va. miss. Jack Salt, a 6-10 center, sprints down court and prevents the layup. He is called for a foul, but man, he busted his a$$ to get back. And his team is up by 24 points. ... Flashback to last night: Justin Smith throws a pass along the baseline to a Nebraska player. Smith stares for a couple seconds, then jogs back down court. Meanwhile, Nebraska missed a dunk or layup (can't remember which) but because nobody from IU is there, easily gathers the rebound and gets two points. ... Sorry to be gushing so much over U.Va., but this is what you want a college team to be. It plays with hustle and heart and smarts -- things we were totally lacking last night. I'm even more embarrassed now than I was 24 hours ago. 

That’s what a program looks like when a top young coach is allowed 10 years and 10 cycles worth of recruiting. They probably didn’t look that good in year 2 for Bennett when they lost to Seattle and finished 16-15(7-9). If you truly feel you have the right guy you have to give that coach the time to build it up. Take your lumps early and see it blossom into a winner.

High school basketball is pretty neat to watch sometimes.

Actually high school basketball is awesome to watch all the time. Nba on the other hand is cool to watch never