Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

I have never watched any big sky basketball in my life. Dude this announcer is the most backwoods, country guy ever hahahha. Dude is so funny without meaning to lololol! 

Yesterday the 1 and 2 seed both went down which leaves Montana the favorite 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Yesterday the 1 and 2 seed both went down which leaves Montana the favorite 

I’ve hunted in Montana several times for a couple weeks at a time. Basketball is the last thing anyone cares about out there, fantastic people but they are a different breed 

39 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Not GM. Associate head coach.

Possible. Fair to assume Kenya will talk the fall. Payne’s got a solid history as an Asst and he’s certainly connected. 

35 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Better get to espn 2 if you want hear the best announcer on late night.  You never know what’s coming out of his mouth.   Big Sky after dark.   Montana/Idaho St to end the night  

He is one of a kind special . 

Saint Joe's and GMU with an early tipoff on USA Network. A-10 second round. 

I'm off today, and at some point this afternoon, I'll have to carve out an hour or so to waken the lawn mower from its winter slumber and give the grass a once-over. I'm usually able to wait till mid-April, but my yard is starting to resemble a jungle -- and is only gonna get worse. 

Interesting list. Good for water cooler talk, I suppose. 

Our 1974-'75 team is No. 2 -- but there's no mention of the '92-'93 team (Henderson knee injury). 

The exclusion of the latter is very perplexing. We were No. 1 for a significant portion of the season and nearly ran the table in the B1G. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/greatest-college-basketball-teams-that-didn-t-win-a-title/ar-BB1ik6uq?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a198e18bb79d484586c8a4d599ad3710&ei=12

Obviously, it's subjective and are solely the opinions of the writers, but I found the inclusion of the UMass, Temple and Butler teams maybe a tad strange (and what's with the picture of John Chaney with Hersey Hawkins -- he played at Bradley).

Those were good teams, no doubt, but among the best ever to not win the title? Not sure about that. I'd argue that our '91-'92 team (ran into Teddy Valentine) was better than any of those. 

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Thank you Marquee network for carrying the MWC early games.     Didn’t think I was going to be able to watch them 

IMG_5045.gif

What a random conference/TV pairing lol. I love it. Let's see if this conference is as good as you degens always swear it is!

(Also, big Cody guy checking in)

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

What a random conference/TV pairing lol. I love it. Let's see if this conference is as good as you degens always swear it is!

Won’t be these early games.  Check back in the MWC tomorrow on cbsports network.    

11 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

As Casey Jacobsen says, "If you're not a fan of the MWC, we can't be friends".

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Payne officially fired ... This, from the ESPN story. Dude was there for two years of a six-year contract and U of Six gets off with a "measly" $8M buyout? How did we get so stupid with our contracts!

Louisville is expected to owe Payne around $8 million, the buyout of what is remaining on the six-year contract he signed when he was hired, sources told ESPN.

That's what a program which is serious and committed to winning does.

Meanwhile, here we sit....

Is it my feed, or is the Big East camera jacked up? Someone needs to white balance their camera; looks like I'm watching a game being played on Mars.