Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Opening night! Anyone know if the Bally Sports app still functions or if there is a new one for FanDuel since thats what it is now I guess. Really looking forward to all the sports betting, its the one thing that was truly missing from my sports watching experience

Flipped on TNT’s BOS-NYK pregame last night just in time to hear Kenny Smith go on a rant about how anyone who thinks Bronny James isn’t an NBA player right now doesn’t know ball and then said he was one of the 5 best guards in HS bball his senior year, which is objectively insane. I like that show as much as anyone but every now and then, I swear to God.

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Flipped on TNT’s BOS-NYK pregame last night just in time to hear Kenny Smith go on a rant about how anyone who thinks Bronny James isn’t an NBA player right now doesn’t know ball and then said he was one of the 5 best guards in HS bball his senior year, which is objectively insane. I like that show as much as anyone but every now and then, I swear to God.

Usually Chuck isn't afraid to call bullshirt on things like that. Did he?

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Usually Chuck isn't afraid to call bullshirt on things like that. Did he?

He didn’t, I assume for 1 of 2 reasons: 1) He didn’t want to bust on a 19yo kid who already catches enough stuff, or 2) the show producer was in his ear telling him to please just get  back to the game that’s actually coming up.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Zach Edey’s first NBA game? 15 minutes, 6 fouls.

DJ Carstensen and Paul Scelz aren’t walking through that door no more big fella.

Edey hasn't changed... the only thing that's different is that the NBA refs aren't afraid to blow the whistle.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Zach Edey’s first NBA game? Fouled out in 15 minutes on the floor.

DJ Carstensen and Paul Scelz aren’t walking through that door no more big fella.

Are y'all still on the hater wagon? He played fine. You could tell it was his first game. Plenty to improve. Uncharacteristically shot poorly from the free throw line. Both bigs from the draft didn't have a great night. Clingan played 12 minutes and had 2 points, 2 rebounds, a steal and a block. Both will be fine. Blazers will end up having to trade Ayton though.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Are y'all still on the hater wagon? He played fine. You could tell it was his first game. Plenty to improve. Uncharacteristically shot poorly from the free throw line. Both bigs from the draft didn't have a great night. Clingan played 12 minutes and had 2 points, 2 rebounds, a steal and a block. Both will be fine. Blazers will end up having to trade Ayton though.

I agree that likely he’ll be fine.

He played well? Ahhh no

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not sure I've ever heard it called "playing fine" when a guy had more fouls than points, at least not at this level. 

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Not sure I've ever heard it called "playing fine" when a guy had more fouls than points, at least not at this level. 

I watched most of the game. He actually played fine. Can tell he's still figuring it out though. But his teammates are also trying to figure it out. Grizzlies were definitely playing a weird man zone type defense at times. But just watching him, he played fine. There were multiple times he was missed for a quick lob. Banes missed him multiple times in just the first few minutes of the game.

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He played well enough. Grizzlies won so.

Would it help you understand if I told you that he fouled out early in the 4th quarter andJay freakin Huff at center was when the Grizzlies had success?

or that Walker Kessler had six offensive rebounds while Edey was guarding him.

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He played well enough. Grizzlies won so.

15 minutes and 6 fouls from your behemoth starting big indicates a game that was played below expectations. Whether or not it's Zach Edey doesn't matter. But it just so happened to be Zach Edey. Some other night it will be somebody else who most would agree similar numbers = equal a crap game.

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Would it help you understand if I told you that he fouled out early in the 4th quarter andJay freakin Huff at center was when the Grizzlies had success?

or that Walker Kessler had six offensive rebounds while Edey was guarding him.

Kessler played pretty well too. But that should be expected. Kessler was a beast even at Auburn and has been good in the NBA. That shouldn't be some shock. Edey will be fine. His time on the court wasn't that bad.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Kessler played pretty well too. But that should be expected. Kessler was a beast even at Auburn and has been good in the NBA. That shouldn't be some shock. Edey will be fine. His time on the court wasn't that bad.

I 'liked' your post because everything you said is true.

But is it so wrong to really hope that Edey is a giant bust and lumbers back to Canada, while Trayce becomes all-world and starts hitting four three-pointers a game? Is that SO wrong?

And given that hope, it is so nice to point out that Edey fouled out in 15 minutes in his first NBA game.