Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
LIHoosier

Full IUBB Schedule Released

Now, the schedule is complete.

IndianaMBB ‏@IndianaMBB  
ESPN/CBS Telecasts Announced for Hoosiers.  http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091814aad.html …  #IUBB #GoIU 

ESPN FAMILY OF NETWORKS
November  24, Eastern Washington, 7:30 p.m., ESPNews

December 
2,  Pittsburgh, 7 p.m., ESPN2
9,  Louisville, 9 p.m., ESPN
27, Georgetown, Noon, ESPN2

January
10,  Ohio State, Noon or 1 p.m., ESPN or ESPNU
22,  Maryland, 9 p.m., ESPNU

February
3 , at Wisconsin, 7 p.m., ESPN
19, at Purdue, 7 p.m., ESPN or ESPN2

March
3, Iowa, 7 p.m., ESPN
7, Michigan State, TBA, ESPN or ESPN2

CBS
January
25, at Ohio State, 1:30 p.m.

February
8,   Michigan, 1 p.m.
22, at Rutgers (or BTN), TBA

FOX SPORTS 1
December
20, vs. Butler, 2:30 p.m.

CCG - pardon me... am I missing something? The full sch @iuhoosier shows the purdue dates as 1/28/15 @purdue and 2/19/15 @Bloomington. 

Good catch, looks like an error somewhere.

The IU press release messed up. The game in Bloomington on Feb 19th is on ESPN/ESPN2 at 7 et.

The game in Stinktown on Jan 28th is on BTN.

B1G release of CBS/ESPN games for all schools.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/MBBESPNCBS.pdf

I wouldn't say I necessarily have a big problem with our non conference schedule but I think we all agree that this is the kind of schedule we want yearly out of conference. Impressive slate for Long Beach.[attachment=1191:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1411570322.853646.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Would I like to see a schedule like that? Sure, it would be fun and make the games more entertaining. But, I don't want IU doing that when virtually no other major conference team is doing it. 

I wouldn't say I necessarily have a big problem with our non conference schedule but I think we all agree that this is the kind of schedule we want yearly out of conference. Impressive slate for Long Beach.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1411570322.853646.jpg

I wouldn't say I necessarily have a big problem with our non conference schedule but I think we all agree that this is the kind of schedule we want yearly out of conference. Impressive slate for Long Beach.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1411570322.853646.jpg

I see IU winning about 4 of those games maybe

I agree with what you're saying and Long Beach has always done this, but if you look at Duke and MSU their schedule is somewhat similar to what we see here. At least get more mid major games in there

Duke has Presbyterian, Wofford, Fairfield, Furman, Army, Elon and Toledo on their schedule. 

The tougher games are: MSU, UNLV/Stanford winner, Wisconsin, Connecticut and Temple

IU has Mississippi Valley St., Texas Southern, Lamar, Eastern Washington, UNC Greensboro, Savanah St, New Orleans. and Grand Canyon

IU's tougher games: SMU, Pitt, Louisville, Butler and Georgetown

We have the same amount of "tough" games and 1 additional "cupcake". 

I agree with what you're saying and Long Beach has always done this, but if you look at Duke and MSU their schedule is somewhat similar to what we see here. At least get more mid major games in there

I looked at MSU too, they only have four of what you would deem "tough games", and it could even be three if they don't play well in the Orlando Classic. They have 9 "cupcakes", one more than IU. 

While again Emerson14, I agree I'd like to see the schedule that Long Beach is playing in terms of entertainment value, it's not what the other top teams are doing. The vast majority of top teams are playing 3-5 "tough games" and 7-9 "cupcakes". 

I would love a non-con schedule like that even if the other schools aren't doing it... don't always got to follow the model....

HOWEVER I wouldn't want 6 of the 7 on the road... Wouldn't mind 7/8 tough games but need a better home/road split...

Long Beach St plays that schedule cuz their conference is Cupcake City.

The Big West consists of Long Beach St and the following:

Cal Poly

Cal Fullerton

Cal Northridge

Hawaii

UC Davis

UC Irvine

UC Riverside

UC Santa Barbara

Cal Poly
Cal Fullerton
Cal Northridge
Hawaii
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside
UC Santa Barbara

I wouldn't mind taking a Big West road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Cal Poly

Cal Fullerton

Cal Northridge

Hawaii

UC Davis

UC Irvine

UC Riverside

UC Santa Barbara

Hey, I remember them LBSU Dirtbags from baseball. lol.

I think IU's schedule is better than last year but not too tough--- given we have some new and unproven players that need experience.

I like it----Not too easy---not too tough---Just right!

My only criticism is I would have liked to have seen one tough road game for experience before Big Ten play which starts on the road!