Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoosiers96

Eron Harris to MSU

[quote name="Banksyrules" post="65641" timestamp="1399481731"]Can someone explain to me why we would need Harris. Were guard heavy, and I'm trying to understand how he would fit with our team.[/quote]

He would arguably be our 2nd best guard day one. Probably the best pure scorer as well. If we can't fill that last scholarship with a decent big (my doubts are high), then he will definitely do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Baltimore Hoosier" post="65685" timestamp="1399496648"]Let's not forget, Harris would have to sit out a year..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Not necessarily. He could get a waiver.

Anyone have experience with Eron while he was in HS or growing up from a qualitative perspective?  

The question is directed more to his character and leadership ability (NOTE: I am not questioning either, I just know he is an Indy kid who posters may have insights to share.)  Given the past season's lack of focus I would like to know a bit more...

Let's not forget, Harris would have to sit out a year..

I'm fine with that. How can you not like a guy who can score like he can. 

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="65752" timestamp="1399513443"]Jeff goodman tweet:

West Va transfer Eron Harris told ESPN has heard from Mich, Marquette, Butler, Auburn, Mich. St., Ohio St, MD, UCLA, Illini. IU, Purdue, UNM

If he wants the waiver it'd better be IU, PU, or Butler. Any other school he def. sits a year.[/quote]
Even if he picks from those 3, not a guarantee on the waiver

Is all the waiver talk just wishful thinking or is there a reason that it might actually be reasonable? Just going closer to home doesn't get a guy a waiver. There has to be something going on at home that would give you good reason to transfer closer (sick family member, etc).

Anyone have experience with Eron while he was in HS or growing up from a qualitative perspective?  

The question is directed more to his character and leadership ability (NOTE: I am not questioning either, I just know he is an Indy kid who posters may have insights to share.)  Given the past season's lack of focus I would like to know a bit more...

From the article i just linked in my previous post:

---

Eric Harris said his son benefited from not being a high-profile prospect.

“He's a humble kind of guy,” Harris said. “We talk about that a lot. He'll call me up after he scores 30 points and say, ‘How did I do, Dad?’ That's just the way he is. He's not going to get a big head or be boastful about anything he's done.”

---

heavy action for Eron Harris.  UK contacted him as well.  I thought I read early on some talk about his family and a potential waiver but if he is looking at UCLA, UNM etc, the waiver thing may not be a reality.  I still think he is our best bet. 

I have been hoping our staff had a rabbit up its sleeve this whole off-season and I thought that rabbit may be Eron Harris.

I hope I am right.  Otherwise, things are very, very quiet on the recruiting front.  VERY, VERY quiet.

For those wondering why?  Look up video of this kid and you will know in 5 minutes why.  He is an athletic, big Guard that specializes in shutting down the opposing teams best player.  He shots great from 3.  Calls himself a "scorer", not a shooter.  Because he is good driving and at the midrange.  BTW Blackmon says the same things. 

Watching Yogi, Blackmon, and Eron on the floor at the same time could be special.  *may never happen due to waiver but it would be very interesting.  Three 15-20 point scorers.  :)

I don't see a wavier in Eron's future. His dad says ( in the Courier-Journal article ) a good "coaching fit" is more important than location and Eron would be willing to go to New York or California to get that.

Yeah, you're probably right there.  It would be excellent if he could play next season, although if he doesn't, let's look on the bright side (if in fact we do get him and there isn't a waiver)....  2015 would be a very very strong year for IU.  Lots of great looking recruits in that class that IU is looking at.  Also, Harris would have a year to practice, train, get bigger, build chemistry with the team, coaches, etc.  Just waiting around and getting better for another year before playing, Eron could be the DUUUUUDE.

I saw Harris play AAU with Yogi, Hanner and JH.  He definitely stood out during the 2 games that I saw (aside from a lefty windmill breakaway jam from Hanner).  He and Yogi definitely have chemistry, so that might help us here....