Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
coonhounds

Could this season be a good thing?

I could def see it turn into a good thing hopefully this left a bad taste in the programs mouth. Hopefully the team comes together and makes sure that this doesn't happen again. Hopefully it will turn into some great summers, some guys wanting to up their games so they can step up at a moments notice. Hopefully the coaching staff comes together and figures out what worked this year and what didn't and come up with a better plan moving forward. I expect a better year. Here's to moving forward.

What other post like this did I make? 

I like your posts hwy but I don't like that you two are always in a pissing contest. He can't make a post about his honest opinion without you satirically lambasting him. 

Yesterday with rayl you did the same thing. I don't follow anyone around satirically lambasting them. I suggest you look at the sheer number and nature of his posts and tell me just how many of them I've responded to then get back with me on it.  

... and look to see how many times lately he's played the victim card. A bunch.

No, i disagree with this line of thought completely. Some of you people on here just dont get-CTC is a horrible coach,  he is in over his head. He obviously is going to fight for his job , after all he earns $3.2 million dollars a year. Wouldnt you want to keep that job. He has ruined this year and I hope he doesnt ruin James Blackmon.

And you applied for the job when?  And why was it you were turned down for it?  Might watch who you call "you people" and talk down to on here too.  Must be too many welding flashes that's affected you or something.  :scratchhead:

[quote name="welder332" post="50467" timestamp="1395350705"]No, i disagree with this line of thought completely. Some of you people on here just dont get-CTC is a horrible coach, he is in over his head. He obviously is going to fight for his job , after all he earns $3.2 million dollars a year. Wouldnt you want to keep that job. He has ruined this year and I hope he doesnt ruin James Blackmon.[/quote]what player or players may I ask has crean ruined? In other words name a kid that came in at a higher level than he left? I admit cody was the same not much better than his freshman year but who really came in good and just flat went to pot? I dont think crean will ruin james I think he will have a lot to work on when he gets here in the first place

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't ever see failure as a good thing. That doesn't mean that one shouldn't learn from failure. If you really want to become a complete coach, team, or player...learn from your failures and demand improvement. Crean has the chance to show he has learned and with a buyout the size of Jupiter...I have to accept that he has a chance to show us. I still believe that there needs to be some staff changes to really solidify the message though. If I learned anything this year from this squad, it was that the message from the coaching staff wasn't getting through. That's usually a sign of mixed messages or a lack of displayed leadership by the head coach to the staff. I know coach likes his guys and its really cool to see a head coach recognize his staff during the good times, but I have yet to see anyone on the staff held accountable for actions that are reserved for the head coach. Coaches coach and assistants assist. 

I don't see failure as a good thing.  In the moment it hurts.  It also hurts perception of recruits.  When you have multiple burger boys on a team and you go 17-15 it will be used against you.  For that to be nullified we have to bounce back.  We are capable of it if we get a 5th year big.  To not lose the momentum of the last couple of years we must outperform expectations next year.  

Could this season be a good thing?

NO. Not only NO but HELL NO!
We're Indiana! For crying out loud.
We flat lined for the most part and then went downhill from there.
Unacceptable. Period.

The only thing I think gained from this season is the freshman & sophomores (who played a lot) realize it isn't as easy as they thought it was.

The sophomores had our #1 ranked year as their first, so they probably didn't realize how much work the upper class men put in to get to that point. Now they all know.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's like a coach saying after a losing a game that "it was a good loss". There is no such thing as a good loss just as there is no such thing as a "good-bad season". It's true coaches and teams should learn from your losses and I think CTC and the young but talented group we had should have learned a lot from losing games but after we hit the dozen mark in the "L" column I kind of gave up on that theory working for CTC. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners