Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Official IU vs Northwestern Game Thread

I'll probably have people disagree with me, but here goes. I feel this is a really big game for this team. How they follow up a Wisconsin win is really going to tell us more about the progression of this team moving forward and improving. I want to see Noah demanding the ball. I want to see Yogi run this team with the skill and savy that we know he has. I definitely want to see more Stan. I prefer he come in off the bench where he is able to watch the flow of the game and then see where he needs to impact it particularly on the defensive end. Play smart, play hard. Go Hoosiers.

I'll probably have people disagree with me, but here goes. I feel this is a really big game for this team. How they follow up a Wisconsin win is really going to tell us more about the progression of this team moving forward and improving. I want to see Noah demanding the ball. I want to see Yogi run this team with the skill and savy that we know he has. I definitely want to see more Stan. I prefer he come in off the bench where he is able to watch the flow of the game and then see where he needs to impact it particularly on the defensive end. Play smart, play hard. Go Hoosiers.

<br /><br />I agree. It is a big game. Can't lose this one. Northwestern has played Michigan State and Illinois close, so it won't be as easy as we'd like. But we should win. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Northwestern is really bad, and Indiana should beat them by about 20 or more.

That said, I'm expecting a letdown from this young team, but ultimately a win.

Must win game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I want to the Hoosiers carry over the success from last game and keep the turnover numbers down. They can win any game they want if they can do that and get to the rim we have some great driving guards in Yogi and Stan. I would like to see more out of troy it seems like lately the only time I hear his name is in the starting lineup and the one super throwdown he has per game. Getting the ball inside to noah is the huge as well as he can dominate games. I think the Hoosiers will start out slow but eventually will figure it out and win comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="30513" timestamp="1390060195"]This can't be a close game where I yell. I got my wisdom teeth taking out yesterday, so no yelling for me.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Jaybob is no longer wise

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="30517" timestamp="1390060350"]I'm worried about the offense stalling. Collins has this group playing some good defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

One thing that may seem optimistic is how well we attacked the rim against a good Wisconsin defense. I have a good feeling. I think this Wisconsin game was a huge stepping stone for this team.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="30519" timestamp="1390060498"]One thing that may seem optimistic is how well we attacked the rim against a good Wisconsin defense. I have a good feeling. I think this Wisconsin game was a huge stepping stone for this team.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

That UW win left me very optimistic about this team, but my worry stems from Northwestern shutting down Illinois attacking the rim. Rayvonte Rice only had like 6 points against them because he couldn't get into the lane.

That UW win left me very optimistic about this team, but my worry stems from Northwestern shutting down Illinois attacking the rim. Rayvonte Rice only had like 6 points against them because he couldn't get into the lane. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, Wisconsin doesn't really play zone so NW will be tougher to penetrate on the dribble drive. They might collapse the zone and dare us to shoot from outside, which could end badly.

I want to see more Stan and Austin. And I want to see Austin find a few more ways to contribue in the box score. A couple more rebounds, points, assists etc... would compliment solid passing and moving to justify his minutes more. Love his spirit though, the whole team seems to get a lift from him. Keep the TO's down. If we are gong to sub in Hartman, we need to get him a shot or two. Definitely need Vonleh to get the ball inside more, and Perea to keep getting better with his hands. Peter Jurkin is apparently very good with his hands already. Hopefully Yogi and Will won't try to make to much happen and go away from something thats working. If they do, I hope CTC remembers the pine time lessons. Team ball, not street ball.