Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Str8Hoosiers

Court Rushing Etiquette

We were ranked #1 or #2 then. Again, huge difference. 

Sorry, you're wrong. The reference was not to last year's game, but the game two years ago.

anyone have a list of times IU has rushed the court? I can think of yesterday's game, Kentucky, the Michigan State game back in 2000 when Hastings hit the last second shot, and one other time where I can't remember the team. Missing any?

[quote name="Kilroy" post="30179" timestamp="1389810158"]anyone have a list of times IU has rushed the court? I can think of yesterday's game, Kentucky, the Michigan State game back in 2000 when Hastings hit the last second shot, and one other time where I can't remember the team. Missing any?[/quote]

Minnesota and Illinois during Crean's 6 & 10 win seasons.

Minnesota and Illinois during Crean's 6 & 10 win seasons.

sure? I was on the bench behind Crean for the minnesota game and i don't remember any court storming.

[quote name="Kilroy" post="30182" timestamp="1389810442"]sure? I was on the bench behind Crean for the minnesota game and i don't remember any court storming.[/quote]

Check that, Minnesota was the hallway concourse thing where Crean came out and went nuts with everyone.

Check that, Minnesota was the hallway concourse thing where Crean came out and went nuts with everyone.

no, you are right. January 2010 win over Minnesota. Finding articles that students stormed the court. I don't remember that at all....

Edit: figured it out. I was at the February 2, 2011 game where IU beat #18 Minnesota. No court storming that game.

JS serious question, did you go to IU and what years? 

Not for nothing, I'm a semi-oldster (48) that went to IU for undergrad and law school, and I think that random expressions of IU fan joy, such as last night's mini-court storm are appropriate, excellent, and to be encouraged.

JS serious question, did you go to IU and what years? 

Yes, I did.  2005-07, couldn't finish due to a combination of factors some of which were out of my control and I kick myself in the a$$ for it every day.  That was Mike Davis's last year and Samsung's first, wanted Davis gone for years and hated the Samsung hire from day one.

I can't believe that somehow the topic is now what games we have rushed vs what we haven't. Who are any of us to determine what games are or are not storm worthy? I understand all of the points that people make as to why IU shouldn't storm the court. Read this article though, take a few minutes to think about it, then try and comeback with a sensible justification as to why IU students/fans shouldn't storm the court if they choose to. I dare you ;0

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/college-basketball-storm/

[quote name="Hoosierfan78" post="30208" timestamp="1389815930"]I can't believe that somehow the topic is now what games we have rushed vs what we haven't. Who are any of us to determine what games are or are not storm worthy? I understand all of the points that people make as to why IU shouldn't storm the court. Read this article though, take a few minutes to think about it, then try and comeback with a sensible justification as to why IU students/fans shouldn't storm the court if they choose to. I dare you ;0

[url="http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/college-basketball-storm/"]http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/college-basketball-storm/[/url][/quote]

I was about to post this on here last night, but got too lazy. I loved this article.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I said this in a different topic, but I'll say it again, although I'm not for the court storming, I do believe there are times that it can be appropriate. Yes the wat shot was more than appropriate, as far as last night, it doesn't really bother me, I understand that in the heat of the moment, mixed in with the emotion of a huge win that it just happens sometimes. IU fans are some of the most passionate fans on the planet and I can see why it happened. Also, I think since morale has been down lately, maybe our guys needed to experience that, just to remind them that we do support and love our team no matter what. It could be the spark they need to stay motivated. <br /><br /><br />

I used to think I was old school & a traditionalist but I had no problem with the "students" rushing the court last night. If it had been everyone then maybe, I would have a problem with it. If I was a college student I would have streaked across Assembly after that game, but since I am old now I just smiled and opened a beer. It is part of the college experience, let these kids have as much fun as possible as long as no one gets hurt. Even more important than the students rushing the court, we won!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't have a problem with it because 99.9999% of students at IU are complete idiots. I wouldn't expect them to know what's proper and what's not. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I knew it would happen if we won.  In my perfect world, no it does not happen.  But the reality is that it was going to happen.  It just isn't worth the teeth gnashing to me.  I might cringe but I'm not going to waste energy on it.  Still just as stoked about the win either way. 

I don't have a problem with it because 99.9999% of students at IU are complete idiots. I wouldn't expect them to know what's proper and what's not. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You sound like my roommate from my freshman year, lol.  He literally despised everyone.  Then again, he was pretty freaking weird and I suspect you are just venting.