Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

Had to drive all the way to Florida to try my first yuengling, never seen it in indiana, like it so much I brought back 5 cases,so I'm good till April.

Just got a 6 pack of Yuengling IPL for $3🙂 Not bad- a little too lager-ish for me (should've guessed, since it's an India Pale Lager, lol), but a good beer to keep in fridge!

I've tried that. I wasn't a huge fan. Tastes a bit too much like cough syrup in my opinion.

Friend gave me some Bell's Cherry Stout- the cough syrup analogy was perfect for it. I ended marinating brats in it

12 minutes ago, seanmm1971 said:

Had to drive all the way to Florida to try my first yuengling, never seen it in indiana, like it so much I brought back 5 cases,so I'm good till April.

This is the families go to favorite beer! Can't get it in Indiana or Kentucky yet but can get it in Ohio... so any trips to Cincy area etc we always get multiple cases. Can get it in the Carolinas too.

I know it was posted a long time ago in this thread but for any of you who like to try different beers/styles/etc I would highly recommend the "Untappd" app.. It is great for not only reading reviews of others who have had said beer, but it is also a great way to track what you have tried before and what you haven't. Has a rating system so you can remember if you liked something or not...

And it has a "Friends" piece to it so you can see what beverage your friends are enjoying and what they think of it...

If you get the app feel free to send me a Friend Request "EdubbC"

I know it was posted a long time ago in this thread but for any of you who like to try different beers/styles/etc I would highly recommend the "Untappd" app.. It is great for not only reading reviews of others who have had said beer, but it is also a great way to track what you have tried before and what you haven't. Has a rating system so you can remember if you liked something or not...

And it has a "Friends" piece to it so you can see what beverage your friends are enjoying and what they think of it...

If you get the app feel free to send me a Friend Request "EdubbC"

Shot you an add

Had Three Floyds Rabid Rabbit last night, it's their saison. If you like Belgiums i recommend it. Also Bells Oberon is out and that's a great citrusy ale.

Great choice, really like the stuff. My sister-in-law goes to Georgia a few days a year and brings us back some.

Friend gave me some Bell's Cherry Stout- the cough syrup analogy was perfect for it. I ended marinating brats in it

I let mine sit in the basement because I couldn't throw it away, even though it does taste like cough syrup. After 5 years, in a bit of a desperate evening, I broke back into it. It was awesome! So, stick it in a dark, cool spot for a few years and see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, raorIU said:

I let mine sit in the basement because I couldn't throw it away, even though it does taste like cough syrup. After 5 years, in a bit of a desperate evening, I broke back into it. It was awesome! So, stick it in a dark, cool spot for a few years and see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe that stuff is just red wine.

Too lazy to scroll through so it may have been mentioned but Evil Czech brewery stuff in amazing. It's from mishawka but they are getting around the state really well right now. They do a lot with journeymans distillery(awesome craft spirits) and make some awesome beer.