Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JSHoosier

(2015) C Stephen Zimmerman to UNLV

From what I've gathered he's heavily favoring Arizona right now.  2nd would be UNLV. Then comes the rest of his top 8.

Just my opinion from following his recruitment, no inside info or any special sources xD

"Honestly the feedback that coach Crean gave Stephen this weekend from watching him kept him in the Elite 8," Zimmerman's Mom said. "Other coaches may have told him he had good games but Stephen knew he didn't play as well as he would have liked. Coach Crean gave Stephen real feedback on what he saw and how Stephen got away from playing the game his way, the way that has gotten him to where he is."

Basically only reason we weren't cut was his real comments. So they kept Indiana for sympathy like I said.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="64357" timestamp="1398872771"]"Honestly the feedback that coach Crean gave Stephen this weekend from watching him kept him in the Elite 8," Zimmerman's Mom said. "Other coaches may have told him he had good games but Stephen knew he didn't play as well as he would have liked. Coach Crean gave Stephen real feedback on what he saw and how Stephen got away from playing the game his way, the way that has gotten him to where he is." Basically only reason we weren't cut was his real comments. So they kept Indiana for sympathy like I said.[/quote] That says sympathy to you? It says he appreciated real feedback and kept Crean because he thinks it could be valuable to have a coach that doesn't kiss his butt to me. Why would that mean sympathy? It may increase long-term stock if it makes him think he'll develop better here.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="64357" timestamp="1398872771"]"Honestly the feedback that coach Crean gave Stephen this weekend from watching him kept him in the Elite 8," Zimmerman's Mom said. "Other coaches may have told him he had good games but Stephen knew he didn't play as well as he would have liked. Coach Crean gave Stephen real feedback on what he saw and how Stephen got away from playing the game his way, the way that has gotten him to where he is."

Basically only reason we weren't cut was his real comments. So they kept Indiana for sympathy like I said.[/quote] Or because he sees that Crean can provide valuable insight into how he can improve his game.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

"Honestly the feedback that coach Crean gave Stephen this weekend from watching him kept him in the Elite 8," Zimmerman's Mom said. "Other coaches may have told him he had good games but Stephen knew he didn't play as well as he would have liked. Coach Crean gave Stephen real feedback on what he saw and how Stephen got away from playing the game his way, the way that has gotten him to where he is."

Basically only reason we weren't cut was his real comments. So they kept Indiana for sympathy like I said.

Sympathy? Really?

I think that's a bit of a reach. Even so, the fact that Crean got in the "Elite 8" (nice word choice, Mom!) means that he can continue to focus on building the relationship with Stephen and family and hopefully convince him to come out to Bloomington.

Anyways.. Does it really matter what the reason is? IU made the final 8, now Crean has to work his butt off to keep them in the picture the next few months as his OV list develops. 

Wow, this is really a surprise were in his final choices.

No need for everyone to get negative about this opportunity though. Big props to crean for keeping it real with zim. He is still a good recruiter regardless of what we've all seen lately with some unknown players coming in. Says a lot about zim and his fam too, the kid seems to be serious about succeeding in basketball and not just looking for the "spotlight" like some players going to UK (lyles). I'd love for us to pursue this kid intensely, even if we don't land him, because we're planting seeds on the west coast for other recruits and making the Indiana name relevant to a region dominated by AZ, UCLA, UNLV.

Great job crean! We could be a national title contender with big center players like zim. Love to see us going after the skilled bigs. Crean has shown he can land them with NV and CZ.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

[quote name="Scohutch" post="64420" timestamp="1398879586"]Wow, this is really a surprise were in his final choices.
[/quote]

IU is in his current TOP 8. It's nitpicking, but I feel that is a lot different than Final 8. Final to me tells other schools to stop recruiting. Top 8 says go for it!

True, but i'm just happy were still being considered by the #5 prospect for next year, especially a big man, which we need.

you're not wrong though, and you're view is def most realistic.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="64435" timestamp="1398882083"]IU is in his current TOP 8. It's nitpicking, but I feel that is a lot different than Final 8. Final to me tells other schools to stop recruiting. Top 8 says go for it![/quote] Good lord you are really nitpicking his wording. He actually used the term "Elite 8" which, in CBB terms, is the final 8 teams standing and no one else has the chance to win. :)

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="64471" timestamp="1398890426"]Good lord you are really nitpicking his wording. He actually used the term "Elite 8" which, in CBB terms, is the final 8 teams standing and no one else has the chance to win. :)

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

.... Gonna nitpick again...

He said TOP 8. His mom said Elite 8.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="64473" timestamp="1398890631"].... Gonna nitpick again...

He said TOP 8. His mom said Elite 8.[/quote] DAMN YOU 41!!!! Lol regardless, he's never said we're the favorite so we can only speculate and hope. I hate that I follow recruiting so much.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="64475" timestamp="1398891027"]DAMN YOU 41!!!! Lol regardless, he's never said we're the favorite so we can only speculate and hope. I hate that I follow recruiting so much.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

Hahaha lol couldn't resist the last one