Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Yeah it is. 

I'm pretty sure they just took the rest of the nail off. Only thing that adds up to = having a chance to play next weekend, which is what has been reported. 

You can absolutely bleed from a bone fracture. I've experienced it first hand.

No clue if his thumb is broken or not but I don't believe having surgery would rule out a potential break or fracture. If he plays against Michigan State it probably wasn't a fracture, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

16 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

It's going to be Cuban; and it really is the best option (if he wants to do it).  He's the biggest success story the university has and almost everybody knows who he is.  

A lot of the names here would be great for IU fans, but not for the country as a whole.  90% of college football fans don't even know who Anthony Thompson is.  I could see them doing a small feature on him though. 

Anyone suggesting Sage Steele is off their rocker.  You could name 500 alumni before ESPN would bring her back on. 

Oladipo/Mellencamp/Buck/Schwarber are probably the only other options. 

Kevin Kline, Julia Garner or even Jesse Eisenberg who's married to an IU grad and has spent a lot of time in and around Bloomington/IU would be interesting options too. 

Just thinking about this again..... there is no shot that thumb is broken. Sorry, doesn't add up at all. 

If the thumb were broke, his @$$ ain't playing for a while. QBs can't play through a broken thumb on their throwing hand. 

Depending on the severity of the fracture, it's a 3-6 week recovery. 

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

You can absolutely bleed from a bone fracture. I've experienced it first hand.

No clue if his thumb is broken or not but I don't believe having surgery would rule out a potential break or fracture. If he plays against Michigan State it probably wasn't a fracture, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

On your thumb!?!?! Nahhh. 

1 minute ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Yeah, exactly. lol 

Clearly this isn't that. He's "auto-out" against MSU if that thing is broken. 

I would be shocked if we see him before Ohio State.

2 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Then it was a broken thumb and they've been lying to us. If it's a removed thumbnail, which seems the most likely by MOI, I think he plays next week (assuming he can grip the ball in the weather).. if not Michigan. 

Who has been lying to us? I haven't seen anyone give a specific diagnosis other than he suffered a generic "thumb injury". The only thing I've seen publicly is that he had successful surgery yesterday and the early prognosis is better than expected ie a possible return against Michigan State.

6 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

He’s not staying in for another drive or to throw a Hail Mary if he fractured his thumb. It’s probably a nail bed repair, which is surgical. Hopefully he’s back by MSU

Raiders Aidan O'Connell finished his series last Sunday with a broken thumb that was just surgically repaired and completed two passes before being pulled.  

9 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Who has been lying to us? I haven't seen anyone give a specific diagnosis other than he suffered a generic "thumb injury". The only thing I've seen publicly is that he had successful surgery yesterday and the early prognosis is better than expected ie a possible return against Michigan State.

Well... there you go. If it were surgery to fix a BROKEN BONE.... he would have ZERO shot to play at MSU. None. 

8 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

They wouldn't say he could be back for Michigan State if his recovery was 3-6 weeks...

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

They wouldn't say he could be back for Michigan State if his recovery was 3-6 weeks...

Who is they? The only thing IU has said publicly in regards to Rourke's injury is that he's out indefinitely. 

And they said he's out for multiple weeks. 

I never said he wasn't out multiple weeks, just responding to the idea that you couldn't throw or continue playing with a broken thumb. Swelling doesn't set in immediately.