Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 IUFB Schedule

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Well it did take us 4 OTs to beat Akron... but a lot has changed since then.

Yeah.

So, as far as looking at Lebowski's tiers, I got my own:

We Are SO Winning These Games!:

FIU (Does Florida International even bother with athletics?  They got the IU Indianapolis problem where, for a large student body, all the students are there purely for an education and don't really care for sports.)

Western Illinois (Team hasn't had any success lately and last season gave up at the end.  Plus, they also have changed coaches.)

Charlotte (this school has had ONE winning season, if you can call 7-6 that.)

We SHOULD Win These Games, But... It's the Big Ten, You Know

Northwestern (school nuked their football program and is building from scratch, it'll be interesting to see how the team looks)

That Damn School Up in West Lafayette (I just want to beat them again)

Michigan State (want to see a Spartans fan cry?  Beat them by four touchdowns.)

Maryland (Maryland's actually improving and legitimizing themselves, but they're also still Maryland at the end of the day, meaning they aren't invincible.)

Anything is possible, but don't bet on it

Nebraska (Cornhuskers had a mediocre season last year with Rhule's first go around, but I'm pretty cautious about giving IU the win against them compared to Maryland if only because Nebraska is the type of program that sniffs its own farts)

UCLA (We are going to the Rose Bowl!  Except it's in September... and we play the Bruins... and UCLA's probably going to be ranked)

Washington (Minus DeBoer, minus Penix, minus a bunch of talent... still threatening)

Yeah, No

Michigan (They won the National Championship, and even if they have a typical hangover season or Jim Harbaugh leaves for the NFL, they would have more than enough talent to beat us)

Ohio State (C'mon... it's Ohio State)

Still, a 7-8 win season for Curt is pretty impressive.

2 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Northwestern (school nuked their football program and is building from scratch, it'll be interesting to see how the team looks)

If all it takes to go 8-5 and win your bowl game is to nuke the program, where do we come up with some uranium?

On 1/12/2024 at 3:20 PM, Lebowski said:

Here's my breakdown. Keep in mind, I believe every game is winnable, but that's just me. 

Can go our way
FIU
Western Illinois
Charlotte
Northwestern
MSU
Purdue

Possible
UCLA
Maryland
Nebraska

Questionable
Washington

Long Shots
Michigan
OSU

Some of y'all will probably disagree with some of this and that totally makes sense. The Possible and Questionable category teams can easily be thrown into a hat. I broke them down based on home or away games. And I just added Washington because DeBoer is no longer heading the ship.

If we go into October with only one loss that means we knocked off either Maryland or UCLA or both. And if that happens, buckle up, our conference season is going to fun to watch. Now if we go into October with only two wins than we're in for a long season but not out of the ordinary for IUFB. I strongly feel good things happening this season for IUFB where heads will turn and Coach Cig possibly winning Big Ten Coach of the Year. Or at least I want to believe that. On the other hand I won't be shocked if we don't win 6 games. I will be disappointed and surprised if he don't win 5 games. Just my two cents. 

Updated. Moved up UCLA to the Possible category.  5.5 new head coaches (Northwestern's Braun is only counted as a half because he already has a whole season under his belt as an interim role) on the schedule. Schools in italic have new HCs if anyone is wondering.