Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Game Thread: vs. Northwestern 1/8/23 at Noon on FS1

8 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Well, how would you like to be me? All I got is Hoosiers/Colts clothes to wear. I can’t wear that in public. Decided just to go Au naturale. Might be a little embarrassing but at least I’ll be comfortable.

IU, Oregon State, St. Louis Cards. At least Oregon State went to a bowl game at least and kicked the crap out of Florida, so I guess I got that going for me,lol.

I bought tickets to this game for the family. 5 of us. I genuinely thought we’d be good. Not national championship good, but good. Bought them beginning of season. After the Kansas, Arizona, Rutgers, and Iowa debacle I didn’t even want to go. Still figured we’d beat NW at home. Shouldn’t be surprised.

I’ve reached the point of the season now where I expect every game to be a loss. Zero expectations. It’s a big bummer. Program momentum severely in the tank. Everything with the program is in the tank. Woody is a very likeable guy. I like him a lot. But he’s just a guy. So many coaching errors. We might be (are) the dumbest team in the B1G. Whatever we’ve been doing it’s not working. Defense is atrocious. We can’t guard the simplest play in basketball. All year. One pick sends a guy to the rim. We don’t know how to guard a single FN pick. Hell, even without the pick every guy gets driven by. We don’t routinely block out. We don’t know how to press. How to shell. How to attack a zone. Very basic basketball stuff.

Idk. We have work to do. Otherwise we miss tournament, recruiting is in crapper, expecting 2023 to be better is an absolute delusional pipedream. Idk. Idk. Idk.

I think Woody gets all 5, so pray for something, and possibly luck, talent, or IQ because this staff ain’t got it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I bought tickets to this game for the family. 5 of us. I genuinely thought we’d be good. Not national championship good, but good. Bought them beginning of season. After the Kansas, Arizona, Rutgers, and Iowa debacle I didn’t even want to go. Still figured we’d beat NW at home. Shouldn’t be surprised.

I’ve reached the point of the season now where I expect every game to be a loss. Zero expectations. It’s a big bummer. Program momentum severely in the tank. Everything with the program is in the tank. Woody is a very likeable guy. I like him a lot. But he’s just a guy. So many coaching errors. We might be (are) the dumbest team in the B1G. Whatever we’ve been doing it’s not working. Defense is atrocious. We can’t guard the simplest play in basketball. All year. One pick sends a guy to the rim. We don’t know how to guard a single FN pick. Hell, even without the pick every guy gets driven by. We don’t routinely block out. We don’t know how to press. How to shell. How to attack a zone. Very basic basketball stuff.

Idk. We have work to do. Otherwise we miss tournament, recruiting is in crapper, expecting 2023 to be better is an absolute delusional pipedream. Idk. Idk. Idk.

I think Woody gets all 5, so pray for something, and possibly luck, talent, or IQ because this staff ain’t got it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
I was at the game and was surprised how bad we looked. The defense was atrocious! the turnovers were baffling! Imo the effort was poor so yea we got problems. Today's game ended by 1 point but it was never close.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

IU, Oregon State, St. Louis Cards. At least Oregon State went to a bowl game at least and kicked the crap out of Florida, so I guess I got that going for me,lol.

IU, Dolphins, Padres.

At least my Dolphins uglied their way to the playoffs today and the Padres future looks good.