Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Is it time for CTA to make changes on the Strength/conditioning staff

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Sure but maybe CTA doesn't want to put them in that spot and risk losing them because he has no plans to make them the permanent OC. There's a lot of things that go into head coaches decisions and the reality is making a change isn't likely to make much of a difference. You also don't want to make firings right before signing day either. Florida did because Mullen is scared he might get canned. CTA isn't in that spot. 

Fair enough.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well considering his position coaches need fired anyways, what would it matter? It'd actually be a good chance for them to prove they are worth something at this point. 

Why would you promote a coach that you aren't keeping? That makes zero sense and the ones you are keeping you don't want to risk upsetting them. There is zero reason to make a change right now unless there is an internal candidate that CTA likes which I'd say isn't the case. 

Changes are going to be made but now isn't the best time. Especially with signing day on the horizon. Don't give a recruit anymore reasons to question signing with IU. 

37 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Then he's not done his job hiring people. That just means he's failed even more. 

Yes, having a GA as a position coach for multiple months is a wonderful way to develop football players. This is nonsensical. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well considering his position coaches need fired anyways, what would it matter? It'd actually be a good chance for them to prove they are worth something at this point. 

That is a good way of looking at things.  

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Why would you promote a coach that you aren't keeping? That makes zero sense and the ones you are keeping you don't want to risk upsetting them. There is zero reason to make a change right now unless there is an internal candidate that CTA likes which I'd say isn't the case. 

Changes are going to be made but now isn't the best time. Especially with signing day on the horizon. Don't give a recruit anymore reasons to question signing with IU. 

I'm going to guarantee that Mullen doesn't have an internal candidate to replace his DC. Now Florida can probably get just about anybody they want compared to us but sometimes you just gotta cut the cord and say bye. The problem for us, the entire staff basically needs to go. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Months? We have three games left. 20 more days and this joke of a season is over. 

Football is 12 months a year. New hires won’t come in until January at best. 

Months. 

19 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm going to guarantee that Mullen doesn't have an internal candidate to replace his DC. Now Florida can probably get just about anybody they want compared to us but sometimes you just gotta cut the cord and say bye. The problem for us, the entire staff basically needs to go. 

You have to have someone internal to finish the season. He's not going to hire a permanent replacement during the season. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

You have to have someone internal to finish the season. He's not going to hire a permanent replacement during the season. 

Obviously. But why hire anyone if you don't trust them to do a job? If you can't see someone being able to move up, why even hire them in the first place?

37 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

If you promote to temporary OC and then try to demote them later to bring in an OC for next season, then good luck keeping that coach that was temporary OC.

I guess we could make Hiller temp OC, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I really don't see what the problem would be there. You'd go in knowing it was temporary. Unless you just absolutely kill it somehow. 

Losing the dynamic duo Ballou and Dr. Rhea to Bama was a major blow to the development of players. And it's now showing. There's a reason Saban hired those cats and took em from our beloved Hoosiers. Losing Mike Hart was a big blow. Losing DeBoer was a big blow. (DeBoer will end up being a P5 HC and probably a pretty successful one at that. Dude can flat out coach and win.) Success has its pros and cons. IUFB is now getting the cons of being successful and not being able to reload staff. 

In my opinion a lot of changes of the current staff from top to bottom are coming in the future. The offensive side of things is more than likely going to get shaken up dramatically. As it should. I think this might be the first year that CTA will have to let folks go instead of staff leaving him? 

Also, there might be something going on with chemistry in the locker room. Because this team is basically the same team minus the DC and Mike Hart.  Who knows. 

10 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Losing the dynamic duo Ballou and Dr. Rhea to Bama was a major blow to the development of players. And it's now showing. There's a reason Saban hired those cats and took em from our beloved Hoosiers. Losing Mike Hart was a big blow. Losing DeBoer was a big blow. (DeBoer will end up being a P5 HC and probably a pretty successful one at that. Dude can flat out coach and win.) Success has its pros and cons. IUFB is now getting the cons of being successful and not being able to reload staff. 

In my opinion a lot of changes of the current staff from top to bottom are coming in the future. The offensive side of things is more than likely going to get shaken up dramatically. As it should. I think this might be the first year that CTA will have to let folks go instead of staff leaving him? 

Also, there might be something going on with chemistry in the locker room. Because this team is basically the same team minus the DC and Mike Hart.  Who knows. 

I’d argue replacing Hart with McCullough was a net positive for IU. Equal at worst. Gigantic step down on the DC front though, no question.