Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

#2 IUMS @ Notre Dame - 8/27/21 @ 7:00

IU is luckiest team in world tonight. We are now tied despite being dominated. ND with a handball in box. IU gets the penalty saved but it bounces right back to Mihalic who took it and he puts in rebound. 2-2 with 2 min left.

As I said do not worry about this offense. All it took was one time of Sarver getting free in box and it led to a PK and equalizer with handball.

With Endeley, Mihalic, Sarver and Bezerra all having elite speed and ability to score we have zero to worry about there even on our worst nights. 

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

As I said do not worry about this offense. All it took was one time of Sarver getting free in box and it led to a PK and equalizer with handball.

With Endeley, Mihalic, Sarver and Bezerra all having elite speed and ability to score we have zero to worry about there even on our worst nights. 

True.  But if the D doesn’t improve quite a bit we are going to need the offense to be on it every single game. I hate that feeling.  I don’t think it’s the right model for winning it all either 

Wow we had no right to win that game.  Team is resilient can’t take that away from them.  Saw none of the second half but box score seems to indicate the D settled down a bit in the final 30 minutes.  Hopefully a sign of things to come 

Never has IU won a game they deserved less, but with this much talent and offensive weapons you always have a chance.

Watching Sarver, Mihalic, Bezerra and Endeley up top is going to be fun this year. Never has IU had so many offensive weapons. 

Never has IU less deserved a win but they got it and that is bottom line and IU has been on the other side of that far more often than it happening this way.

For his perforemance against Notre Dame, Tommy Mihalic was named to the Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/8/31/mens-soccer-mihalic-earns-spot-on-tds-team-of-the-week.aspx?fbclid=IwAR34OQ3Aww0rV_wCsXBTgwBJlPb-NANYmYYMSb5Evfvl6SR0LI4xiPLcw6U