Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IUc2016

Jamar Johnson Declares for NFL Draft

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Best of luck to him. I really thought he had the potential to improve his draft stock by coming back next year. Hopefully he gets drafted. 

I am not sure there was much else he could have done individually. Maybe if he came back and the team got more recognition next year, but his stats for this year would be hard to match again. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

I am not sure there was much else he could have done individually. Maybe if he came back and the team got more recognition next year, but his stats for this year would be hard to match again. 

That’s just it. He came into this year a complete unknown. I would have thought by coming back and having preseason All American and trophy watch list recognition (along with a solid season of course) he would develop from a fringe draft pick to a lock in the mid rounds. Teams can’t shy away from Safeties like they can CBs so I wouldn’t expect his numbers to suffer, especially with another year working with our staff.