Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bobman1

2021 IUFB Thought

51 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I doubt we’ll be anywhere near full capacity in stadiums for fall 2021. And if COVID is still running rampant around college campuses, we may see some more flexibility baked into the schedule again. It’s too far ahead to already be planning for next season, but if there is any accommodation to account for positive cases, our schedule may still be tweaked. 

It’s not going to be an easy start as it currently is set up. @Iowa to open and then vs. Cincinnati week 3. Fickle may not be their coach by then.

Fans will be in the stands by next fall. Schools will be requiring students to be vaccinated before returning to campus (IU has already hinted they will require it) and certainly athletes and staff will have it by then. Even Dr. Fauci said a few weeks ago he expects NFL stadiums to have fans by fall. 

You never know, but I'll be shocked if stadiums are not at least 50% capacity if not full by September. Vaccines will be widely available by early-mid summer and things will be returning to normal by fall. 

I am by no means a COIVD denier and have rarely left the house since the pandemic because I am scared of getting it, but if you don't think things will start to get back to normal by summer you are just being a pessimists for no reason.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Fans will be in the stands by next fall. Schools will be requiring students to be vaccinated before returning to campus (IU has already hinted they will require it) and certainly athletes and staff will have it by then. Even Dr. Fauci said a few weeks ago he expects NFL stadiums to have fans by fall. 

You never know, but I'll be shocked if stadiums are not at least 50% capacity if not full by September. Vaccines will be widely available by early-mid summer and things will be returning to normal by fall. 

I am by no means a COIVD denier and have rarely left the house since the pandemic because I am scared of getting it, but if you don't think things will start to get back to normal by summer you are just being a pessimists for no reason.

I think 50% is more reasonable than full capacity. Once this vaccine has hit the population, it’s not going to be a flip of the switch policy-wise opening everything back up. If the non-vulnerable and prioritized groups are only really getting their hands on it by the summer, then I have a hard time seeing full stadiums come late August (at least in the Big Ten). From there, it’s a consideration of will the Big Ten allow for stadiums to increase their attendance throughout the season or will it be capped throughout. I’d bet on the latter. Also, come fall we’re back in holidays and cold weather coupling with potential first dose immunity beginning to wane. Things will have improved by then, but we’re not going to be back to where things were Jan. 2020 by Q4 2021. 

4 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I hate starting the season with a conference game- especially on the road. That would be 2 seasons in a row, since we were supposed to open at Wisconsin this year. Not a fan of the cock-eyes. Attended a game at Kinnick years ago and was treated less than cordially.  Was pelted a couple different times with ice along with some unpleasant remarks. I know every fan-base has their idiots, but it seemed pretty prevalent. On the other hand I've attended an IU football game (win!) and 2 basketball games (losses) at Nebraska and never even noticed an annoying look. There are differences in fan-bases. 

Back to the schedule, we'll know a lot about IU football by mid-Sept.

I wholeheartedly agree about the Nebraska fans.  It's a cool setup they got going on there as well.