Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

How mad/upset would you really be?

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Yep with the exception of Romeo our guard play and recruiting have been poor. 

I hate to hijack this thread and I also hate to make it about rankings, and while I like some of what Archie has done (lots of Midwest kids), the reality is that this roster if filled with guards and wings ranked 100+, with a majority 130+ in their high school rankings, and leftovers from Crean we’re even worse. 

To win at a high level consistently, we’re going to need some guards like Yogi, as an example.

The B1G recruiting as a whole is so far behind the other power 5 schools. IU’s 2017 class of Al, Smith, Moore and a red shirt Thompson was rated the 3rd best in the B1G that year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

247Sports has them 3rd best.
Smith 78th
Thompson 134th
Moore 151st
Durham 230th

That’s an awful class. Smith is playing to his ranking I would say. Durham is playing above his ranking... but not by a whole lot. I think there is a reason he plays so well against lesser teams. He fits in better. Thompson and Moore... honestly, I’d rather have Moore.

247Sports has them 3rd best.
Smith 78th
Thompson 134th
Moore 151st
Durham 230th

That’s an awful class. Smith is playing to his ranking I would say. Durham is playing above his ranking... but not by a whole lot. I think there is a reason he plays so well against lesser teams. He fits in better. Thompson and Moore... honestly, I’d rather have Moore.

Yeah that’s my point saying the B1G recruiting as a whole is down when that was considered the conferences 3rd best incoming recruiting class.