Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

I like Archie. I want him to excel and return IU to prominence. But, I really have to question his substitutions in the Wisconsin game. I’m sure there’s a lot I didn’t know about why he did what he did but to say the least it was bewildering.
Right now, it’s almost a carbon copy of last year after we beat a good Marquette team. I sure as heck hope we aren’t going down that road again.....

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

20 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

Soooo, what had happened was, I was gifted a pass to something called the admiral club or something like that, inside Kohl by this dude I ran into before tip. Been pregaming since 1:00. Got in late. Was some 26 -7 or something. Start asking around about this pass to find out it’s free beers. At the half I’m pissed so I decide to go check this place out. Beers were not free. Regular towny bar prices though so I stayed for a couple 6-7 and by some miracle, run into a group of IU fans who are splitting and going back to the bar I had left earlier. My judgement is seriously compromised at this point because this sounds like a fantastic idea. Back at the Wandos, I decide on a Long Island Ice tea. Game is still going on tv and I’m half watching it and the blonde in the corner when out of the blue, I pull up the Btown app and start typing. Had to close one eye to complete my couple odd posts. Anyway I don’t believe the post was even meant for you. I tried a while later to say I was sorry, but it really just came out looking like I called the game sorry. So that’s how that all went. Please disregard anything prior to this.

***And that’s why I’ll never drink mystery shots with no dudes from Bedford again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It was obvious lol and I dont think you were the only one in that shape.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:05 AM, Brass Cannon said:

You could tell throughout the course of the game we had a quiet group today. All the way around,” Miller said. “You’ve got to have a rallying cry at some point, someone’s got to be able to jump start you to shake you up a little bit.”

Quote from Archie on the game  he’s got a point maybe we should pay somebody three million a year to lead these guys  

That always frustrated me to no end about Crean. He would always say that the team lacked leadership - as if it were 100% on the players or as if it was supposed to drop from the sky. You’re the coach, raking in millions, and specifically the one person most responsible for developing leadership on the team!  Go make some GD leaders dude!

Listening to Archie’s post game, he is more genuine on issues and takes much more direct accountability. Still gotta go make some leaders...they don’t just float up from under the surface.