Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBASE vs Canisius 3/15-17

IU wins 12-1!

We got good Andrew Saalfrank today and he most definitely threw the best game of his career with 7 innings and 14 K’s (although his win over Louisville freshman year was more important and probably got us into tourney). As I said I want to see more of this Saalfrank and know he has it in him. Especially with Sommer out we need a third starter right now and it’s his if he can pitch like this going forward and he needs to do this all the time.

Also offense woke up this weekend especially Fineman and that needs to continue. Overall we needed a get well series like this but it will only matter if we can use it going forward to beat better teams starting with at Indiana State Tuesday who is a top 10 RPI team (they have not played a great schedule though so win is certainly possible). We still need to clean the fundamentals up as they occurred at times this weekend and will cost us wins but we needed any victories we could get and got the necessary sweep against a far inferior team who might well be worst we will play this year talent wise. Now let’s take the momentum gained and use it to take some of the tough games moving forward.   

Leave it to the Big Ten to mess up an announcement but this is what they tweeted so I fixed it for them -

Big Ten Baseball @B1Gbaseball

Ryan Fineman of @IndianaBase is the #B1GBaseball Player of the Week after hitting .600 on the week with 9 hits, 9 RBI and 3 home runs to help the Hoosiers to a 4-1 record on the week, including a sweep of Cincinnati.  Canisius.

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Leave it to the Big Ten to mess up an announcement but this is what they tweeted so I fixed it for them -

Big Ten Baseball @B1Gbaseball

Ryan Fineman of @IndianaBase is the #B1GBaseball Player of the Week after hitting .600 on the week with 9 hits, 9 RBI and 3 home runs to help the Hoosiers to a 4-1 record on the week, including a sweep of Cincinnati.  Canisius.

While we're bashing the Big Ten, protected rivalries apparently don't apply to baseball. We don't play a series with Purdue this year. We have a single weekday home game with them, which is probably a return game from the single game we played at their place last season. How does this conference screw up things like that?

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

While we're bashing the Big Ten, protected rivalries apparently don't apply to baseball. We don't play a series with Purdue this year. We have a single weekday home game with them, which is probably a return game from the single game we played at their place last season. How does this conference screw up things like that?

We didn't play them the season we went to the CWS, either (2013) -- at all. Not even a weekday one-game meeting. Makes no damn sense -- especially since not only are we rivals, but we're only a little over a hundred miles apart. That's an inexpensive trip, I would think.