Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

9 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Interesting that your defense made my team double our average turnovers per game even though I was in a slow pace. Your guys sure do foul a lot though lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The foul situation always causes me some confusion. My team is strong defensively, but only moderately intelligent, so maybe that's why? I've tried zone and man-to-man without any noticeable difference there. I'm not a huge fan of this team, but they're meshing decently so far this season. My conference is terrible though, so even with a strong record, I need to win the regular season title or conference tourney to get in to the NTT.

Thoughts on Zone/Man/Normal?

I wonder sometimes with Kmoney's comments how many differences he really has set into the sim model for Defense.

I do notice differences with Fast vs Slow pace, particularly with shot attempts.

It seems my teams almost always perform their best with Fast/MvM/then either normal or less depending on my shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wish I was.....just logged in to see my decent L34 team who won 2 good scrimmages since Friday’s game lose a 6 point halftime lead to a 0-3 team and miss 2 late opportunities to win.
L31 continues to be horrible with a 24 pt drubbing from Walking Boot thanks to a 16-0 first half run. The #1 recruiting class is now a senior team that is 3-10 with 8 straight losses. Is it possible to kick them off the team!!?

Thoughts on Zone/Man/Normal?

I wonder sometimes with Kmoney's comments how many differences he really has set into the sim model for Defense.

I do notice differences with Fast vs Slow pace, particularly with shot attempts.

It seems my teams almost always perform their best with Fast/MvM/then either normal or less depending on my shooters.

I haven’t had any more or less success with the defense choices. I thought my smaller team in L31 was suited for a zone but I saw no noticeable difference in opponents fg%. What’s interesting based on my scrimmages is that I took a team that normally plays fast and moved to slow. They shot better and still put up 80 and 91 in two scrimmages. The bottom line....no idea how this all works lol

There are definitely some hidden impacts to the game. Like IRL Deron Davis goes down and our team improves. Tough to sort those intricacies out over a season though.

Yeah and scrimmages sometimes help but just as often lead to more confusion. I enjoy it anyway. Would love to know what all goes into the engine and how sophisticated it is.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah and scrimmages sometimes help but just as often lead to more confusion. I enjoy it anyway. Would love to know what all goes into the engine and how sophisticated it is.

I seem to get significantly different results in scrimmages with the same settings.

I seem to get significantly different results in scrimmages with the same settings.

Yea I’m realizing that as well....after 2 wins in scrimmages where I thought I figured it out. I laid an egg to an 0-3 computer team and then had to go to OT to pull out the W against an 0-4 computer team.

It’s only 5 games into the season but my freshman phenom last year who averaged over 19 pts a game - shooting 48% from 2 and 43% from 3 - is now averaging 14 and shooting below 36% from 2 and 25% from 3. Figure that one out??

After two putrid seasons and after starting the year off 2-6, my Wilmington Warlords have ran off six straight wins.  My team is young as well...my top two scorers are a freshman averaging 18 points per game and a sophomore averaging 16.  I’ve kind of settled in on the top of players I can get in recruiting — my big men I look for rebounding, size, and defense and ignore the scoring.....those guys stdn’t Coming to Wilmington.