Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RBB89

South End Zone Expansion/Stadium Renovation Thread

3 hours ago, akhosrof said:

I heard a rumor the old South Endzone videoboard is being put in Kaufman Field. Anyone know if this is true? I feel Kaufman could really use it. 

It's possible. I know I've discussed it on a couple message boards. The board is currently in storage. I asked an assistant A.D. on Twitter a few months ago what they had planned for it, and they said they were putting it in storage until they can figure out what to do with it. They should be able to take that board and split it up, so like baseball and softball could get one.

For a reference point, Louisville's main scoreboard that they had up until this offseason was the exact size of what we just put up in the north end zone:

[IMG]

The south video board (2018) will be essentially the same size as the previous SEZ board, except about 5 feet taller.

4 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

@bportnoy15: After renovations #iufb will have the largest square footage of scoreboards in the country per Glass

Yep. North is 20 X 68, and the south one will be 42 X 91. They will also add a ribbon board in the south end zone like the one in the north end zone.

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Unless the 2 exactly mirror each other, then yes it is still an issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

You mean show the same things at the same time? Why wouldn't they? They will both show score, stats, and replays. One is just smaller than the other one. The smaller boards at Assembly Hall on the ends show exactly the same thing as the larger ones facing the sides.

I haven't heard how they plan to use it. If they will show the same thing then it will help mitigate the issue that glass introduced. Although on a smaller screen that is farther away.

Seems like they might be more limited on the smaller screen with what they can fit on it and people still be able to see/read what is on it compared to the bigger screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app