Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Sorry... I mean 3.23.17.. no inside info just imo. I've heard Rumblings of Arizona not paying Sean Miller what he wants or having the resources that he wants so he might not be happy. I don't think Donovan is going to come, if it was Bennett Marshall or Archie Miller I think it would have been announced by now, and no chance Glass hires Alford. I think Miller would jump at the opportunity to coach back in the Midwest and to have the resources of Indiana University at his disposal. plus he would be paid more then at Arizona but like I said it's just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

Well Sean Miller happens to be coaching a Sweet Sixteen game tonight that'll start around 10p... so probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry... I mean 3.23.17.. no inside info just imo. I've heard Rumblings of Arizona not paying Sean Miller what he wants or having the resources that he wants so he might not be happy. I don't think Donovan is going to come, if it was Bennett Marshall or Archie Miller I think it would have been announced by now, and no chance Glass hires Alford. I think Miller would jump at the opportunity to coach back in the Midwest and to have the resources of Indiana University at his disposal. plus he would be paid more then at Arizona but like I said it's just my opinion.

Now if you said 3.24.17 and they lose tonight... it could get interesting lol

I was about to say this.
Besides, how many Izzo assistants could manage to not learn a thing from him aside from the one we can all name?  Let Fife show if he learned anything somewhere else, loved him as a player though.

What other former Izzo assistants are a head coach now?
I'm not sure I can name one.

Im sure it has been seen but I have been at work all week so that means I havent been able to stalk this board like I would like. Mike Woodson reached out to IU saying he was a package deal with Larry Brown. IU isnt interested though but how the heck did those 2 end up campaigning for jobs together?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think they are. What I heard was more about Brown trying to hitch himself to Woodson.

5 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Why would Self leave a job like Kansas?

Ya, I think Self is one of the few coaches who have no incentive to coach elsewhere. At least, one would think. Makes a ton of money, program is humming along, not really any program out there that could be considered a step up, not really.

4 minutes ago, Tom White said:

What other former Izzo assistants are a head coach now?
I'm not sure I can name one.

Brian Gregory, only one I can think of. Just got hired at South Florida??  He has not been very good either. Has managed to go from Dayton to GA Tech(fired) and now SF 

Edited by seihoosier

Sorry... I mean 3.23.17.. no inside info just imo. I've heard Rumblings of Arizona not paying Sean Miller what he wants....

Then that is partly on him, since he just signed an extension a few months ago.

Well Sean Miller happens to be coaching a Sweet Sixteen game tonight that'll start around 10p... so probably not.

I didn't say he was going to get hired today. I was saying remember the date u heard it 1st that Miller will be our coach. Which is today 3.23.17!

10 minutes ago, Adillac said:

Ya, I think Self is one of the few coaches who have no incentive to coach elsewhere. At least, one would think. Makes a ton of money, program is humming along, not really any program out there that could be considered a step up, not really.

You forgot "Seems to be one step ahead of the law!"

1 minute ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

This whole process all the talk has been about Donovan or Alford. I can't believe no other coaches have been mentioned really. I know we talk about all of them but no solid information or rumors about them being interested in the IU job

You'd think Tyronn Lue would have at least got a mention. :farting_smiley: