Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2017) PG Dana Evans to Louisville

At this point not sure what our odds are with either, but to included on lists that include the likes of Baylor, Louisville, UCLA, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington is big for the program.  Be nice to be able to get Corsaro first, pair her with Cahill and Buss (with McBride off the bench) and we would have some really good perimeter scorers.  I would think that would have to help with Evans the following year, especially if we have another successful season.  Noce to be considered by a McDAA on the womens side this year and a top 10 national recruit in 2017

Scheduled to visit on 6/27 per @Jon_Blau.

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/girls-basketball/west-side-s-dana-evans-makes-team-usa-and-will/article_e5883260-7853-53f4-94cd-f65eddb47d7e.html

Alternate for the 2016 USA Basketball Women's U18 National Team that will play in the 2016 FIBA Americas U18 Championship from July 13-17 in Valdivia, Chile.

Evans was originally a little sad when she learned she was just an alternate. But as soon as she got back home she got a call from Knoxville, an offer from the University of Tennessee.

"I was a little down, but Tennessee boosted my confidence," Evans said. "I plan on making some visits after the USA Basketball tournament is done. I hope to make my college decision by the end of August."

Other schools in the mix are Oklahoma State, UCLA, Indiana, Purdue, Vanderbilt and Louisville.

On 5/8/2016 at 9:40 AM, ccgeneral said:

Gary, IN (West Side). Top 9: Baylor, DePaul, IU, Louisville, Marquette, Ok St, Purdue, UCLA, WVU.

ESPN (5*,7)

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting-central/2016/06/27/indiana-hosts-heralded-womens-recruit/86443762/

Dana Evans took an unofficial visit to Indiana on Monday.

The 5-6 Evans is one of the nation’s most sought-after women’s basketball prospects in the 2017 class. The Gary West point guard is ranked No. 7 nationally in her class by ESPN.

Last week, Evans was named to the USA Basketball Women’s U18 National Team that will play in Chile from July 13-17. She was added when Crystal Dangerfield of Tennessee was ruled out with a hip injury. Heritage Christian grad Tyasha Harris, a South Carolina recruit, is also playing with the team. The U.S. will train in Colorado Springs, Colo., from July 2-8.

Evans led the state in scoring as a junior, averaging 35.8 points a game. She was named as a core member of the Indiana Junior All-Star team.