Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Who Do You Consider IU's Top 3 Rivals?

Well because you have to play your Rivals.  I am down to only one.... Purdue.

That being said: I really dislike Kentucky, and if we ever play again, that would be a rivalry game.

Not really getting all the people who say if you don't play against somebody they can no longer be your rival??? Rivalries are formed over time and for many different reasons, just because you stop playing a team for a stretch doesn't end the rivalry...
Rivalries are formed significantly in the eyes of fans... Players are all friends with guys from other team's, even rivals... Fans have a hatred for other team's and other team's fans, that is what creates a rivalry.

Not really getting all the people who say if you don't play against somebody they can no longer be your rival??? Rivalries are formed over time and for many different reasons, just because you stop playing a team for a stretch doesn't end the rivalry...
Rivalries are formed significantly in the eyes of fans... Players are all friends with guys from other team's, even rivals... Fans have a hatred for other team's and other team's fans, that is what creates a rivalry.

Just because I don't consider UK a rival  doesn't mean that I feel any differently towards the team.  They will always be my 2nd most despised program. 
I still contend, though, you can't have a rivalry if you never play.