Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

41 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Sounds like McDermontt is staying at Creighton with a new extension. 

Always felt like that was the endgame here. Dude’s, what, 60? Good coach, a program that can win in a good conference, a great fan base that’s not nuts, the only reasons you leave are money or not wanting to die in Omaha.

11 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Solid 2nd half. Has to put them in an almost "lock" position at this point.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

No unfortunately being a mid major there will be no lock position for them.    They have to make it to the finals to even have a chance at an at-large if they lose.   The Illinois st home loss was killer.   I wouldn’t put it in the hands of the committee because I’ve seen mid majors get screwed year after year.    Hopefully committee takes Kent being out of the S Illinois game and most the Illinois st game in consideration if they lose tomorrow or Sunday 

Belmont 2019 got an at-large bid with a similar resume but I wouldn’t give the committee the chance to leave them out 

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

No unfortunately being a mid major there will be no lock position for them.    They have to make it to the finals to even have a chance at an at-large if they lose.   The Illinois st home loss was killer.   I wouldn’t put it in the hands of the committee because I’ve seen mid majors get screwed year after year.    Hopefully committee takes Kent being out of the S Illinois game and most the Illinois st game in consideration if they lose tomorrow or Sunday 

Belmont 2019 got an at-large bid with a similar resume but I wouldn’t give the committee the chance to leave them out 

Think it helps or hurts to have Arch Madness a week before selection day? My gut would say helps because the final isn't happening 20 minutes before they release the bracket?

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Think it helps or hurts to have Arch Madness a week before selection day? My gut would say helps because the final isn't happening 20 minutes before they release the bracket?

It might help a little but it’s brutal for the coaches and kids to have to wait it out a full week not knowing are you in or out.    Conference Tourney games after Friday before selection Sunday  historically doesn’t really get taken into account for the final bracket.    I think the attention the team has gotten nationally for most of the year will play a factor if it comes to that plus their metrics are all really good.  Hard for me to view their resume objectively because I want them in and I will talk myself into anything to put them in.    They just need to win 2 more.  I will say this if they do get an at-large my guess is I will be watching them in Dayton live.  My gut tells me they will just put them in the First 4 if it comes to that 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

It might help a little but it’s brutal for the coaches and kids to have to wait it out a full week not knowing are you in or out.    Conference Tourney games after Friday before selection Sunday  historically doesn’t really get taken into account for the final bracket.    I think the attention the team has gotten nationally for most of the year will play a factor if it comes to that plus their metrics are all really good.  Hard for me to view their resume objectively because I want them in and I will talk myself into anything to put them in.    They just need to win 2 more.  I will say this if they do get an at-large my guess is I will be watching them in Dayton live.  My gut tells me they will just put them in the First 4 if it comes to that 

Might be having a mod meetup if they get sent to Dayton. Not sure I could pass that up. Ideally they just win the thing though.

Problem is once they are done playing they have no more opportunities.   Mid majors get a limited amount of chances for quality wins and they play more terrible teams with a slimmer margin of error.   A middle of the pack high major can get on a run in their conference tourney and play just as many Q1 games in 3 days then mid majors get in a whole year plus if they lose to another middle high major team at home it won’t hurt as bad NET wise unless it’s Louisville or DePaul.   I think they should be in regardless but that’s just me 

Agree completely. As long as the 3's are dropping they're fine. Robbie got smacked around today as well. Got blocked at 3 or 4 times. He bounces back tomorrow they should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

UNI wins it and it will be UNI/ISU in the semifinals 

2:30 tomorrow eastern or central time? Assume central, since I was watching nbc Chicago.