Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, pappy1865 said:

Trees up 16 at the half.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

Isu ended up winning but blew a 22 pt lead down 9 in the second half.    At this stage they need style points if they want to earn an at-large and they only won by 15.  I would have wanted it to be a 20 pt win.  Washington St and couple others hopefully make it to where ISU moves back into the 20’s for the NET.   I still think they have a slim path to an at large if they win out and lose in the conference tourney finals 

St Mary’s laying a beating on San Diego. Not a surprise but, man, are they a pleasure to watch. They probably have a ceiling in the tournament based on shear talent and they could even go out early if they don’t make shots, but they will never be out-coached or out-executed. Bennett’s the best. 

Duke Player helped off court by teammates after court storming vs Wake Forest.  It seems court storming is just not good.  Nowadays, People seem to not look out for others with respect.  The number of people that rush the court….  people in a small space.

Not sure about football (know they tear down goal posts etc and there have been fan injuries).

11 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

SEC has instituted a $100,000 fine for first offense, $250,000 for second and $500,000 for any one after that.

There should be a fine for it I know fans want to have fun after a big win against a ranked opponent but is it worth a fan or for a player to get injured after doing so.  

9 hours ago, TTT said:

Duke Player helped off court by teammates after court storming vs Georgia Tech.  It seems court storming is just not good.  Nowadays, People seem to not look out for others with respect.  The number of people that rush the court….  people in a small space.

Not sure about football (know they tear down goal posts etc and there have been fan injuries).

It was Wake Forest.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

St.John's going to take down Creighton....just a few days after Pitino's whine about his players and basically saying it was all their fault that they were losing.

2-0 since then. I have no problems coaches calling out players. I am sure they have been doing it for a while in the locker room but wasn't working.

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

2-0 since then. I have no problems coaches calling out players. I am sure they have been doing it for a while in the locker room but wasn't working.

Yeah, I'm sure that he he called his players unathletic and slow because they needed motivation.  

Strange that the motivational techniques that his previous program was hookers and blow when they could have saved money by 'calling out his players' to the press.  And let's not act like the 'they are 2-0 since' means that they played two good games.  They beat Georgetown by 5 points.

Temple/Wichita St in OT, been entertaining. Temple isn’t good but they are always fighting the times I’ve watched them. If we are going to have to rebuild our roster thru the portal this summer, we could do a lot worse than Temple SG Jordan Riley

Back-to-back home losses for Sparty.  Not good.
And imo ohio state proving coaches do have a major impact. Negative and positive ways. Wonder why ohio state playing up after holtman let go?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk