Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

West Virginia judge approved a  temporary restraining order against the NCAA from enforcing transfer rules for the next 14 days in West Virginia.   Raequon battle sued and so did 8 state attorney generals.   They combined their cases.   After 14 days the hearings will continue but for now ncaa can’t enforce so Battle is probably going to play for the next 14 days and my guess is other schools who have had kids denied will play.   Some won’t just incase the ruling changes.    Big fat mess is what it’s going to be 

This seems like a good summary to me.

What I’m reading is that for 14 days it’s ‘all clear to play’ and that there’ll be a hearing on the issue at that point. Of course, that hearing may not conclusively settle the issue and parties with interests in the new status quo may try to delay the hearing. 

But, by playing during this ‘all clear’ period teams (slightly) risk having their wins with those players wiped away by a now-pissed NCAA. If the NCAA wiped away wins it could lead to another court filing and more hearings… rinse and repeat.

The incident at Michigan is not going away quietly.  Sanderson has filed a formal HR claim.  Something I  hadn't seen before about the matter is that it involved Howard's son, Jace, who's been out all season with an injury.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/report-michigan-basketballs-strength-coach-jon-sanderson-files-hr-claim-over-alleged-incident-with-juwan-howard-223012934/?fbclid=IwAR0Wii890OgBG4EJDhjcXfR1_ZaNo714hyKa6cGtChW1hi2ptdQF74V_OGo

I see Auburn plays tonight against UNC-Asheville.  If the Tigers get beat by another mid-major I am gonna be pissed.
Won't surprise me in the least. Our program is cursed

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Well, if the kid is any good at all, I know a team that could use a guard.

Doesn't sound like he is any good at all from the article I read. He played in a exhibition and I believe first game and it said he had lackluster results. Hasn't played or sat on the bench since but does show up in the stands to watch. Weird.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For those who desperately need to be reminded that things could be so much worse, I present an update from Louisville basketball:

IMG_3147.png

ANDDDDDD… Koron Davis is apparently in the stands watching their game tonight.

I can't find anything on why he was dismissed.  I saw that he hasn't played a single minute for Louisville and on November 29th he wasn't on the bench but was in the stands.  Payne was asked about it and he said that Davis wasn't in any trouble but he didn't know he was in the stands, but Payne said that was 'fine with him' and that Davis 'was still part of the team'.  Just weird.

Any bets on the Louisville/Arkansas State score?