Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
KingPG21

Indiana Pacers 2.0

Only 30 games left until the real season finally starts! Still feels so far away

I noticed there are still some issues with the old Pacers thread, so I started this one up, as a talking point for any Pacers fans, until they can fix the old thread. 

[quote name="KingPG21" post="38855" timestamp="1392480243"]Only 30 games left until the real season finally starts! Still feels so far away

I noticed there are still some issues with the old Pacers thread, so I started this one up, as a talking point for any Pacers fans, until they can fix the old thread. [/quote]

I think the break couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Guys needed rest and the team was looking sluggish down the stretch. Hopefully they come out of the break fresh and PGs shot will come back.

I think the break couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Guys needed rest and the team was looking sluggish down the stretch. Hopefully they come out of the break fresh and PGs shot will come back.

That is my hope. Good thing is they are in the East, so they pretty much have a playoff spot locked up already. Hoping they can make a strong push over the next 25 games or so, have the #1 seed locked up, then get the regular guys that Vogel wants to play in the playoffs some extra rest. Hopefully PG's shot does come back, the one really good thing about it is a lot of his shots have just been of poor quality, him settling. If he can get better shot selection, theoretically it goes back up

Thursday can't get here soon enough. The 3rd straight year of hearing about how there are Danny Granger trade rumors has gotten old really fast. Can't wait to hear 3 straight years of George Hill trade rumors starting this off-season, pretty much expecting it to happen

[quote name="KingPG21" post="40435" timestamp="1392738236"]Thursday can't get here soon enough. The 3rd straight year of hearing about how there are Danny Granger trade rumors has gotten old really fast. Can't wait to hear 3 straight years of George Hill trade rumors starting this off-season, pretty much expecting it to happen[/quote]

We're supposedly looking for another bench scorer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cope or maybe Ian go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The only thing I would want is if it is an expiring contract along with another bench scorer. Problem with that is we would more than likely also have to throw in a future first round pick, and I'd prefer we didn't do that. 

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="40661" timestamp="1392822762"]So they're putting Lebron back in the lead for MVP after he did (once) what Durant has been doing for over a month. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

"I'm in a zone right now" ESPN makes a huge deal about it. Time to stop riding his d.

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="40662" timestamp="1392823046"]"I'm in a zone right now" ESPN makes a huge deal about it. Time to stop riding his d.[/quote]

That's why I love KD so much. He does just about the same as Lebron, but you never hear him putting himself on Basketball Mt. Rushmore. Or saying he's already one of the best ever. He just plays.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="40665" timestamp="1392824176"]That's why I love KD so much. He does just about the same as Lebron, but you never hear him putting himself on Basketball Mt. Rushmore. Or saying he's already one of the best ever. He just plays.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Did you see the bill russell quote to lebron?

Thanks for getting this thread going again.  I was going to after the AS break, but just hadn't had time yet.   

I have read the rumors too of a potential move for a bench scorer, but I hope they don't do anything to take on salary.  We don't want to be hamstrung as far as resigning Lance.  I really hope they don't move Ian. If we knew Bynum was going to make a contribution I could see doing that, but we can't get rid of our only backup center without knowing what we have in Bynum. 

The Pacers have to get this turnover thing under control quickly.  It will be their undoing in the playoffs if they don't.  

Thanks for getting this thread going again.  I was going to after the AS break, but just hadn't had time yet.   

I have read the rumors too of a potential move for a bench scorer, but I hope they don't do anything to take on salary.  We don't want to be hamstrung as far as resigning Lance.  I really hope they don't move Ian. If we knew Bynum was going to make a contribution I could see doing that, but we can't get rid of our only backup center without knowing what we have in Bynum. 

The Pacers have to get this turnover thing under control quickly.  It will be their undoing in the playoffs if they don't.  

The comment about Ian is pretty much how I feel. We have no idea what Bynum is going to give us. And if he makes a good contribution we aren't going to be able to resign him and Lance, so it is going to be an either or situation, and Lance always takes priority. If he doesn't work out, I don't see the point in keeping him past this year. And getting rid of Ian would leave us without any back center for next year, and really any back up bigs, I'm expecting they aren't going to paying Scola next year with his non-guaranteed contract. Also, Ian has been playing well since the Portland game