Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
KingPG21

Indiana Pacers 2.0

That is painfully reminiscent of another basketball team based in Indiana that I love.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know.  The Pacers are good enough to overcome the turnovers on most nights, the Hoosiers just aren't there yet.

[quote name="KingPG21" post="40788" timestamp="1392864859"]He has such a weird offensive game, I mean it works, but it is weird[/quote]

He looks like he's swallowed a few pizzas with all that pine time this year

I almost don't want to watch these guys on the second night of back to backs. I just don't know how they can be so awful in these scenarios. 

And I don't want to sound like Charlie, but does anyone else feel like this team has regressed over the course of the season? They came out like gang-busters and made it clear they wanted homecourt, but Miami keeps winning tough road games without Wade while the Pacers are laying eggs like tonight. I'm not even thinking about homecourt in the Finals, because no one is beating OKC in a best of seven anyway. 

[quote name="TheWatShot" post="40809" timestamp="1392874042"]I almost don't want to watch these guys on the second night of back to backs. I just don't know how they can be so awful in these scenarios.

And I don't want to sound like Charlie, but does anyone else feel like this team has regressed over the course of the season? They came out like gang-busters and made it clear they wanted homecourt, but Miami keeps winning tough road games without Wade while the Pacers are laying eggs like tonight. I'm not even thinking about homecourt in the Finals, because no one is beating OKC in a best of seven anyway. [/quote]

To your main point: I think they just set a pace that was too hard to keep at the start of the season and got everyone's expectations too high. I'm not overly worried, yet. Plus, Minnesota isn't horrible.

To your OKC point: I think they will regress when Westbrook gets back. He is a great player, but I think he requires too many shots for them to be real contenders. He doesn't play well with KD since he has reached more of a superstar status. KD will quickly fall out of the MVP discussion when Westbrook gets back, I think.

Just read that the 76ers would take a 2nd rounder and another player for Evan Turner. Don't know if we have someone they want, but a 3 team deal may be possible.

I almost don't want to watch these guys on the second night of back to backs. I just don't know how they can be so awful in these scenarios. 

And I don't want to sound like Charlie, but does anyone else feel like this team has regressed over the course of the season? They came out like gang-busters and made it clear they wanted homecourt, but Miami keeps winning tough road games without Wade while the Pacers are laying eggs like tonight. I'm not even thinking about homecourt in the Finals, because no one is beating OKC in a best of seven anyway. 

No, they haven't regressed. There was no way they were going to be able to keep up the level of intensity they had right out of the gate, it isn't physically possible, there has been one team in NBA history that was able to play at that level for an entire year, and they even lost 10 games that year. This isn't college basketball or the NFL which is considerably shorter than the NBA season, you aren't going to be able to go all out every single time out

Plus people were panicking when we weren't playing well going into the playoffs last year, then it didn't really affect us at all. I'll get upset when they have a performance like this in the playoffs