Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Guitar

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="73163" timestamp="1404525050"]Just found out last night that Epiphone made a collegiate series line of Les Paul guitars, including an IU scheme.
xr0mb3dpnt4s9fvqw1or.jpg
That's the headstock, the body is red with a giant IU logo.

Here's the whole guitar and I'll add a picture of the gig bag.
oral9ppo7bcfehvtoios.jpg
zspgujzqtk41pyrqbyhz.jpg

Kind of want, although a Gibson Les Paul goldtop would be sweet.[/quote]

As cool as an IU guitar is, a Gibson les Paul is most likely better in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="CR3AMnCR1MS0N" post="73166" timestamp="1404528223"]As cool as an IU guitar is, a Gibson les Paul is most likely better in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Not if you aren't good enough to use the Gibson to its full potential. :)

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="73167" timestamp="1404528472"]Not if you aren't good enough to use the Gibson to its full potential. :)

True

[quote name="CR3AMnCR1MS0N" post="73168" timestamp="1404528679"]True

Haha I would hate to buy a legit Gibson or something. I'd take that IU Epi in a second.

Not if you aren't good enough to use the Gibson to its full potential. :)

That's why I'm still using my Ibanez.  I'm not a good enough player to really use that kind of an instrument.  Doesn't stop me from thinking how nice it'd be to have a Les Paul gold top though or an American Fender Strat.

Had a nice little jam session over the 4th with some friends. Things went pretty well. Mostly older rock and blues stuff. It did give me the hankering to play a little more. Not sure about ya'll, but I tend to get a little stagnant just playing by myself. Its nice to have others to bounce different ideas and riffs off of. Looking forward to more Jams in the future. 

I'm a utility musician. I started playing guitar and then bass and I learned drums from my brother. I took about 2 weeks of guitar lessons. I'm 24, and have been playin since 7th grade so it's been almost 11 years. I have an Ibanez Soundgear DX6900 bass and a Fender american Strat. Favorite bands/musical influences:<br /><br />311<br />Metallica<br />Sublime<br />Chili peppers<br />Arctic monkeys<br />Queens of the Stone Age<br />Led Zeppelin<br />Beatles<br />White Stripes<br />Black Keys<br /><br />No pictures of equipment yet .<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I forgot about this thread. Here is a few of my ladies. [attachment=2078:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1430075641.989576.jpg] 1996 American standard stratocaster. One of the only years with the tpx control which makes a strat sound like a tele[attachment=2079:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1430075739.206642.jpg] 2007 Gibson les Paul studio. Took out the pickups and installed Seymour Duncan pearly gates on neck and bridge, which I highly recommend.

I remember that you have the EVH bumblebee, that thing is badass.

Not to brag but it really is. It's my dream guitar. Ever since I saw the cover of VHII I had to have it. The unfinished neck is like butter. Plays great, sounds better!

On a sort of related topic I have been playing a lot of rock smith for xbox. This game is awesome for people trying to work on your skills. I always am. It doesn't seem like you progress at first but the progress that you make is pretty unbelievable

On a sort of related topic I have been playing a lot of rock smith for xbox. This game is awesome for people trying to work on your skills. I always am. It doesn't seem like you progress at first but the progress that you make is pretty unbelievable

Really? That's cool. I have been tempted to buy that game hundreds of times, just couldn't pull the trigger. That is good to know.

Really? That's cool. I have been tempted to buy that game hundreds of times, just couldn't pull the trigger. That is good to know.

It's pretty cool. There's a ton of stuff to do on it too. I haven't put as much time into it as I'd like, but you can tell it's good for improvement just playing a little bit.

They have this function on each song called a riff repeater. This helped me out the most. I always take the difficulty all the way up and reduce the speed until i can play at that speed fluently. Then just move the speed up. Pretty soon, the whole song is easier to play.

It's pretty cool. There's a ton of stuff to do on it too. I haven't put as much time into it as I'd like, but you can tell it's good for improvement just playing a little bit.

I've thought about investing in it, but wasn't sure.  I loved the concept, but wasn't sure about the execution.  I've read a lot of good things about it.

I enjoy playing the instrument but practicing can get so dull.