Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierReb01

IU vs Northwestern Post-Game Thread

Sure, Indiana isn't a bad team, but it's made up of five freshmen, most of whom aren't good enough to play Big Ten basketball this their first year, a very disappointing sophomore class, a junior (redshirt sophomore) who may not exactly be a Big Ten caliber player, a senior transfer, and a senior that was a sixth man the last two seasons for for a reason. Simply put, the team is not very good, and the make up of the squad obviously falls on the coach. He's a good recruiter, nothing more.

His coaching in general has been questionable at times, and next year will be the year we need really judge and examine him, as his team should be much, much better next season (provided Noah Vonleh stays.)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

At times?  He's been a head coach 15 years and has made a grand total of one deep tourney run.  I'd say his coaching has been questionable a lot of times.

Been considering this for a couple of days. I think Jeremy could have added something Saturday. We needed one more shooter out there to take away the pressure from Yogi, Gordon and Will. I think Jeremy could have made a positive difference, and Saturday was the time Crean should have pulled him from the mothballs of the pine. We were simply one shooter short of making Northwestern's defense ineffective.

There may be a higher purpose to Jeremy continuing to sit, and I don't claim to know more than Coach Crean about the best way to handle it. I'm just saying I think Saturday we needed one more shooter on the floor, and Hollowell can shoot. Had I been in charge, I would have run him out there to see if he could have made a difference.

Are you talking about the Jeremy Hollowell that plays for the IU Hoosiers NCAA Men's basketball team? What makes you think/say he is a shooter?

He is 67 for 181 in his career 37% (13 for 57 23% from 3 point range) and both of those percentages are down from last year.

I am one of his biggest critics so maybe I am biased but he plays with no passion, it is like he doesn't care (and I am sure he does, but I just don't see it).... The last thing I would want to see is CTC sending him in cold to see if he could be another shooter that we would need on any given day.