Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Bracketology

I don't see how we will be in the tournament this year.  If you guys look at the schedule, and we beat the teams we just should, you are looking at another 10 wins.  Things will not go perfect.  I know some will say the flip side is we will beat teams we shouldn't.  I honestly don't see how due to the fact we have no shooting.  Our game is defense, and athleticism.  We are not beating MSU, OSU, or Wisconsin that way.  Those are the 3 best teams in the conference at playing that way.  Plus they have shooting.  UM is possible if everything went right.  I think Iowa is better than us.  Minny is a coin flip.  Beyond that, we should beat the rest.  I would expect the "rest" to pull atleast 1 off.  I don't see how we get in to the tournament without a signature win.  In this scenario, that is the case.  We will see.  Hope I am wrong, but it is hard to see right now.

I don't see how we will be in the tournament this year.  If you guys look at the schedule, and we beat the teams we just should, you are looking at another 10 wins.  Things will not go perfect.  I know some will say the flip side is we will beat teams we shouldn't.  I honestly don't see how due to the fact we have no shooting.  Our game is defense, and athleticism.  We are not beating MSU, OSU, or Wisconsin that way.  Those are the 3 best teams in the conference at playing that way.  Plus they have shooting.  UM is possible if everything went right.  I think Iowa is better than us.  Minny is a coin flip.  Beyond that, we should beat the rest.  I would expect the "rest" to pull atleast 1 off.  I don't see how we get in to the tournament without a signature win.  In this scenario, that is the case.  We will see.  Hope I am wrong, but it is hard to see right now.

I agree with you 100 percent. We will get smashed by msu, osu, wisky. I dont think we have a 100 percent garuntee win against any team in the B1G, even the bottom teams of the B1G will be tough.

I don't see how we will be in the tournament this year. If you guys look at the schedule, and we beat the teams we just should, you are looking at another 10 wins. Things will not go perfect. I know some will say the flip side is we will beat teams we shouldn't. I honestly don't see how due to the fact we have no shooting. Our game is defense, and athleticism. We are not beating MSU, OSU, or Wisconsin that way. Those are the 3 best teams in the conference at playing that way. Plus they have shooting. UM is possible if everything went right. I think Iowa is better than us. Minny is a coin flip. Beyond that, we should beat the rest. I would expect the "rest" to pull atleast 1 off. I don't see how we get in to the tournament without a signature win. In this scenario, that is the case. We will see. Hope I am wrong, but it is hard to see right now.

If you really think we aren't gonna have a signature win on our schedule idk how to respond to that. That's ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you really think we aren't gonna have a signature win on our schedule idk how to respond to that. That's ridiculous

Why do you have any reason to think we'll beat any good teams? We have lost against every good team we've played. 

I don't think it is ridiculous because they are going to have to hold these teams to like under 70 ppg and Wisconsin and OSU will bully them all over the floor. MSU has too many scorers and Payne inside I think they would drop 70-80 on Indiana. Those really the only signature wins out there left besides Iowa who looks pretty good unless another big ten team gets hot.

I could only name one team who I feel we somewhat match up with who we could knock off if everything goes right.  That is UM.  Who in the top 4 can we beat other than what I said?  A signature win is a team that is ranked in the field.  If Iowa is your signature win, that isn't good enough.  We have to beat one of the top 4 and that is if we win atleast 9 in the B1G.  Not sure what is so surprising about what I said.  Not impossible, but like I said, not likely. 

I could only name one team who I feel we somewhat match up with who we could knock off if everything goes right. That is UM. Who in the top 4 can we beat other than what I said? A signature win is a team that is ranked in the field. If Iowa is your signature win, that isn't good enough. We have to beat one of the top 4 and that is if we win atleast 9 in the B1G. Not sure what is so surprising about what I said. Not impossible, but like I said, not likely.

Not so sure that UM is as great of a win as it seemed in the beginning. Sitting at 6-4 they have their own struggles and don't really have their own sig win.

Not so sure that UM is as great of a win as it seemed in the beginning. Sitting at 6-4 they have their own struggles and don't really have their own sig win.

Completely agree.  They, imo, are more capable of that than us in getting that.  They have the players that can get really hot in a hurry and carry that team.  

Yeah. Been there. Many times. I will beat him.......someday......I hope.

I've done it, it's been a really long time ago though.

I think he was in the hospital with a broken leg, a broken arm, and pneumonia that day. They'd just put him under for appendix removal too. He was back to beating me to the gun that afternoon. 

I've done it, it's been a really long time ago though.

I think he was in the hospital with a broken leg, a broken arm, and pneumonia that day. They'd just put him under for appendix removal too. He was back to beating me to the gun that afternoon. 

CC does not answer to the internet.  The internet answers to him.  He is everywhere…  

I just don't feel like it's reasonable to say that we will lose to MSU, Michigan, OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota at home.. I know I'm being crazy (sarcasm) but am I the only person who thinks they can beat some of those teams at Assembly Hall?

I just don't feel like it's reasonable to say that we will lose to MSU, Michigan, OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota at home.. I know I'm being crazy (sarcasm) but am I the only person who thinks they can beat some of those teams at Assembly Hall?

I think we can beat all of them at AH.

Oh I definitely think they can and they probably will pull off at least one but they are gonna have to turn it around and fast because the hard part of the schedule is approaching rather quickly after they play poop state and the California penal league.