Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) C Daniel Giddens to OSU

Making our rounds in GA today.

Shun Williams ‏@OntheRadarHoops 1h

#OTRHoopsReport: Indiana will be in to be to see 2015 Daniel Giddens @D_GOOD2015 Wheeler(GA) http://www.ontheradarhoops.com/2013/10/28/otrhoopsreport-recruiting-recap-week-of-oct-28-2013/ … @kjrelentless @TomCrean

Not bad timing on Coach's part considering ESPN2 put on one awesome "Cream and Crimson" recruiting seminar for us last night. :yes: .  If I were a Washington fan I would have had to mute that broadcast at about 6 minutes into the game and prayed I was located where I could pick up a Washington Huskies radio broadcast.  Got to love the way the went on about Noah, Troy and the Freshman Class! 

Nike Explosion last weekend in GA.

Host school Wheeler's star juniors Jaylen Brown (No. 12) and Daniel Giddens (No. 18) were the highest ranked players at the event on Saturday. They certainly played like it in a big win over Lithonia (Ga.) Miller Grove. 

Also a five-star, Giddens didn't put up the stats that Brown did, but he made his presence felt in the paint gobbling up rebounds and blocking or altering shots all game long.

With Giddens, it's not about what kind of player he is right now, college coaches recruiting him are looking at him as somebody that could develop into a very good post player if he can become more consistent with his offense. He's starting to show flashes offensively, but it's his presence in the paint on both ends that has the biggest impact on games right now.

Florida StateGeorgia Tech and Tennessee had assistant coaches in the building to see the Wheeler duo. Along with those schools, AlabamaFloridaGeorgiaKansasLouisvilleMarylandOhio State and more are actively recruiting Brown and Giddens.

Link

Nike Explosion last weekend in GA.

Host school Wheeler's star juniors Jaylen Brown (No. 12) and Daniel Giddens (No. 18) were the highest ranked players at the event on Saturday. They certainly played like it in a big win over Lithonia (Ga.) Miller Grove. 

Also a five-star, Giddens didn't put up the stats that Brown did, but he made his presence felt in the paint gobbling up rebounds and blocking or altering shots all game long.

With Giddens, it's not about what kind of player he is right now, college coaches recruiting him are looking at him as somebody that could develop into a very good post player if he can become more consistent with his offense. He's starting to show flashes offensively, but it's his presence in the paint on both ends that has the biggest impact on games right now.

Florida StateGeorgia Tech and Tennessee had assistant coaches in the building to see the Wheeler duo. Along with those schools, AlabamaFloridaGeorgiaKansasLouisvilleMarylandOhio State and more are actively recruiting Brown and Giddens.

Link

So he's another "project" big man... meh

With Giddens, it's not about what kind of player he is right now, college coaches recruiting him are looking at him as somebody that could develop into a very good post player if he can become more consistent with his offense. 

Sounds a lot like Hanner, Jurkin, Bawa... 

With Giddens, it's not about what kind of player he is right now, college coaches recruiting him are looking at him as somebody that could develop into a very good post player if he can become more consistent with his offense.

Sounds a lot like Hanner, Jurkin, Bawa...

Hanner's potential has nothing whatsoever in common with the potential of PJ or Bawa.

You let me add a Hanner Perea to the team every three years?
I would be thrilled.

Hanner's potential has nothing whatsoever in common with the potential of PJ or Bawa.

You let me add a Hanner Perea to the team every three years?
I would be thrilled.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just would rather have a polished big man than Hanner 2.0. 

You're entitled to your opinion. I just would rather have a polished big man than Hanner 2.0.

Thank you for entitling me to my opinion! (tic)

Are you asking me if I'd rather have the next Noah Vonleh instead? Sure!
Or, are you wondering whether an ultra-athletic rim protector that our staff feels will develop is a great get? Absolutely; want that kid too.

Thank you for entitling me to my opinion! (tic)

Are you asking me if I'd rather have the next Noah Vonleh instead? Sure!
Or, are you wondering whether an ultra-athletic rim protector that our staff feels will develop is a great get? Absolutely; want that kid too.

I'm just saying I think 2 project big men on a roster is enough... Although it might only be one next year. 

I'm just saying I think 2 project big men on a roster is enough... Although it might only be one next year.

I agree with this.

However, by the time 2015 rolls around, the chances of PJ still being on the team are pretty darn low, and the chances of Hanner still being an unfulfilled project are also quite low.

That would mean that any project big man who comes in 2015 would be the only project big, with Hanner, Luke, Devin, and Jeremy holding down the PF and C spots.

I agree with this.

However, by the time 2015 rolls around, the chances of PJ still being on the team are pretty darn low, and the chances of Hanner still being an unfulfilled project are also quite low.

That would mean that any project big man who comes in 2015 would be the only project big, with Hanner, Luke, Devin, and Jeremy holding down the PF and C spots.

I agree that Jurkin will be gone, thats why I said 1.