Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) PG Bryant Crawford to Wake Forest

http://www.allmetrohoops.com/index.php/component/content/article/87-news-articles/173-crawford-talks-indiana-and-louisville

He talked about schools picking up their interest in him, “A lot of schools are starting to come at me harder now based on coaching changes and the players they are losing.”  He listed the schools that are coming the hardest for him at this time are Wake Forest, NC State, Louisville, Georgetown, Villanova, and Indiana.  

Crawford hopes to announce his decision prior to the start of his senior season, and he plans on setting up his visits soon.  He said he likes all 6 of the programs that are coming at him the hardest, “I would fit right in their system and the way I play is what they are looking for.”  

The 4-star guard was once thought of as a heavy Indiana University lean, but the departure of assistance coach Kenny Johnson to Louisville has many experts thinking his plans will change.  He talked about the situation.  He said about Louisville, “They reached out to me before Coach Johnson was there, but that just makes a closer connection.”  

He also is not counting Indiana out, saying, “Me and Coach Crean are close, so we are still in touch a lot.  He checks I on me so nothing has changed.  We still have a strong relationship.”

http://www.allmetrohoops.com/index.php/component/content/article/87-news-articles/173-crawford-talks-indiana-and-louisville

He talked about schools picking up their interest in him, “A lot of schools are starting to come at me harder now based on coaching changes and the players they are losing.”  He listed the schools that are coming the hardest for him at this time are Wake Forest, NC State, Louisville, Georgetown, Villanova, and Indiana.  

Crawford hopes to announce his decision prior to the start of his senior season, and he plans on setting up his visits soon.  He said he likes all 6 of the programs that are coming at him the hardest, “I would fit right in their system and the way I play is what they are looking for.”  

The 4-star guard was once thought of as a heavy Indiana University lean, but the departure of assistance coach Kenny Johnson to Louisville has many experts thinking his plans will change.  He talked about the situation.  He said about Louisville, “They reached out to me before Coach Johnson was there, but that just makes a closer connection.”  

He also is not counting Indiana out, saying, “Me and Coach Crean are close, so we are still in touch a lot.  He checks I on me so nothing has changed.  We still have a strong relationship.”

Thanks for passing this information along. I hope we can still get him to IU, but with coach Johnson gone, I presume it will be much more difficult.

SIAP. I believe UL is in the works next week to...

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  18m
2015 Gonzaga PG Bryant Crawford will visit Villanova unofficially tomorrow, per @GonzagaHoops

I think injuries have played a role in his decline in growth and/or development and, consequently, his ranking. Just seems like UL would be a bit of a reach unless KJ is that sure on BC.

I really like Crawford as a prospect, and if he pairs w/ Booth in the back court at Nova, I'll be attending plenty of those games. 

I'll be honest. I don't know why everyone is so high on BC anyway. I think we have a better version here in the state with Jalen Coleman. I have always thought this and the rankings support this thought. I realize that BC has had hampering injury problems but I don't see it on an elite level.

I have been UPSET about many of our misses, but this one wont affect me.

I'll be honest. I don't know why everyone is so high on BC anyway. I think we have a better version here in the state with Jalen Coleman. I have always thought this and the rankings support this thought. I realize that BC has had hampering injury problems but I don't see it on an elite level.

I have been UPSET about many of our misses, but this one wont affect me.

Yes we do. But I never got the impression he was coming here. We shall see.

Visiting UL tomorrow, also. 

Visits

"Crawford has previously taken trips to Georgetown and Indiana, and the Hoosiers are still in the mix despite assistant coach Kenny Johnson leaving for Louisville. Turner said that head coach Tom Crean has taken on the lead recruiter role with Crawford."

[quote name="Alaska Hoosier" post="74667" timestamp="1405711153"]What exactly does, "wide open" mean? That he isn't committed to UL? That we have a chance at him?[/quote] I believe it's pig Latin for, "We want more offers!"

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Four-stand-out-for-Bryant-Crawford-29805417

Team Takeover guard Bryant Crawford listed four schools recruiting him the hardest at the Fab 48 in Las Vegas, Nev., but former standards Georgetown, Indiana and Louisville aren't on the list.

Instead, Crawford, 6-3 and out of Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga High School, named Miami, Cincinnati, Villanova and Memphis.

In September, Crawford plans to visit both Miami and Memphis. Josh Pastner, head coach of Memphis, watched Crawford play Wednesday night at the Fab 48.

It's kinda weird. Not sure how much I would read into that. Georgetown just offered him at the Peach Jam....
Just weird that the two heavy favorites, ourselves and Louisville, are suddenly off the radar.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Jeremiah Davis - like. Pass first big pg who started high and seems to be fading a bit.

He's really stepped up his scoring lately which was a knock on him as noted earlier in this thread.