Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Herotime

Any Chance Purdue and Matt Painter Part Ways?

For me? 

The biggest indictment of Matt Painter was not this year. 

Last year he had Jaden Ivey - a top five pick and ultimate down hill athlete, and he also had Eric Hunter as a defensive stopper guard to go with Edey. He misused Ivey and didn't play Edey enough.

This Purdue team was an overachiever but ultimately wasn't built to succeed. But last year's had national championship-level talent and got dumped by 15 seed St. Peters. I know that wasn't as embarrassing an upset, but it was the more impactful as a lost opportunity.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

This Purdue team was an overachiever but ultimately wasn't built to succeed. But last year's had national championship-level talent and got dumped by 15 seed St. Peters. I know that wasn't as embarrassing an upset, but that was the more impactful lost opportunity.

I agree they were better last year.  Ivey was a top 5 pick, Hunter could D any guard up, Trevion Williams was a solid post player, and Stefanovic was an excellent shooter.  Also Edey coming off the bench is a crazy weapon.  They blew a better shot and making the Final 4 last year than they had this season even with a 1 seed IMO.